Chapter Fifty-Two

There were sounds coming from the other room. They were faint, so I couldn't hear a word that was spoken. Every few minutes, it would grow silent, then a loud thud could be heard, followed by growls and swears.

I moved to the side, feeling too comfortable to figure out what was going on. But when my hand didn't meet with the bed, my eyes shot open. My knuckles were on top of Noah's arm. He didn't move or make a sound at the interaction, so I scooted away from him.

I walked off the bed and made my way into the kitchen. Only then I realized I wasn't here the night before. I ran back inside and hopped on the bed, taking Noah's arm and shaking it, hoping he would open his eyes. It took a minute for him to actually wake up.

If only I could've spilled water on him to wake him up faster.

"What? What is it?" He asked, noticing my panic mode instantly. I held on tighter, pleading for him to understand what was going on. The words caught on my tongue by my best friend, fear. But it was clear that he had no idea what I wanted to say.

"Luka," I whispered. And as I mentioned his name, another round of unpleasant words were tossed around. "How'd he get you?"

He blinked a couple times, staring at my hand that continued to clench his arm. "I was able to create my sword, but before I could do anything, Luka snatched it from me." Noah stopped there and looked down at his stomach. He slowly lifted his shirt up to see a small spot of ice. "He stabbed me...with my own sword."

Sounds of clapping entered the room. "Good job, Amnesia. I was hoping you'd forget that, but not everything can be controlled in that way. Also, sorry about the noise. Magic is the enemy, it must be taught."

Every word that came out of his mouth sounded like a whole other language, because I didn't understand anything he was saying. How could someone teach magic? It was possible to teach it to someone else, but it wasn't possible to teach the magic itself.

"See, you're giving me that same look. One day you'll see."

I wish I didn't have to deal with him, but it seemed I was trapped here. Well, it was better than being with the Guardians. I shivered at the thought. As long as I was away from their swords.

"Anyway, I have to go visit someone real quick. It's all essential to helping all of us. I'd suggest not trying to escape because I'm keeping you guys alive." Luka walked inside, grabbed his keys and waved, leaving Noah and I alone.

I stepped into the living room, looking for the bag that I was carrying with me. There was no way I was going to stay here and watch him do as he pleased. For all I knew, his plan could be much worse. He wasn't the guy I thought he was, and I got all the warning signs long ago. I had to get away from him.

"Lara? What are you doing?" Noah asked, rubbing his eyes and entering the same room as me.

"I'm leaving." And I don't care if you join or stay. I thought it, but I couldn't say it.

"You don't want to know what he's going to tell us?"

"No. If he was Luka this whole time, then he was lying. I'm not going to believe anything he says. Everything he's said is bullshit." I started stuffing anything I found useful into the bag. Luckily, one of the cloaks were still inside it. There were a couple of snacks and I grabbed a towel, too. "I know you don't remember, but you wanted me to stay away from this guy."

Everything I needed was in the bag, so I hung it over my shoulder. I turned to Noah, but I couldn't meet his eyes. Then I walked toward the door and placed my hand over the door knob. Once I opened the door and took a step outside, I bumped into something. But nothing was there.