Chapter Fifty-Six

"What took you so long?" I stood up, folding my arms. "Making me wait."

One of the mermaid leaders stepped forward. She held my gaze with such hatred. Her sandy eyes revealed her disgust for me. This only brought amusement on my end. It was nothing new, so I expected nothing less from the people that learned about my dark past.

"Amara," she spoke firmly. "I didn't think you'd show up while I was still alive."

"Aren't surprises great?" I replied. "Though, with this appearance, it should've given you a hint. All these years and you guys still lack knowledge." I gazed around the room, my eyes landing on the frozen seat. "Well, since you got rid of the whole 'royals are the only ones that can lead the sea,' it must mean you have some brain."

"A lot's changed since," she said. "And you don't belong here anymore." The light blonde mermaid leader stomped her foot on the floor. Around me, the room shook.

"Hmm, this is child's play." With the tilt of my head, the room stopped. "I told you, this power exceeds yours." I brought my hand out, put it into a fist, and pulled my arm back my way. A smirk formed on my lips as the mermaid leader before me started choking. This was something I wanted to do since the day I was thrown out. It was time.

But I wouldn't be pleased until they all suffered like this.

"Amara!" Luka shouted, suddenly. I ducked quickly as someone swung their sword in my direction. The sudden movement pulled the mermaid leaders body lower and she fell on the floor, unconscious.

"Aw, now look what you did. You killed your leader," I said, shaking my head.

"You were the one pulling at her heart with your demonic magic!" I heard someone yell from behind me. Before I could turn around, I felt something run through my stomach.

"Ah, not quite-" I dodged the sword again. "You know if I were all of you," I said, pointing my finger around the room. "I'd be careful. Have you considered what might happen to this girl's body if you were to freeze us together while in our true form?"

"She's right," someone stepped forward. Everyone gave way to the strongest mermaid leader. Her white eyes showed no emotion as she met with mine. "I know you were all ordered to freeze this girl, but plans changed! I will be fighting her myself." Her eyes moved toward the boy they dropped in here. "Boy! Give me your sword!"

Noah stared nervously at her, "my sword? It's incomplete." The sound in his voice...

It was clear that he was barely able to speak. The sword he conjured up before was tattered and his energy was waning. After my confrontation with him, he forced himself off to the side. Which was a good choice for him, not so fun for me.

"I'll complete it." She grabbed Noah's arm as Luka walked closer to me.

"There are other swords..." But he silenced himself when he saw the mermaid leader's eyes narrow.

"Always absolute," I commented.

Luka lightly hit my arm, "you always have a way of provoking someone."

"My greatest talent." Before I could finish my laugh, the mermaid leader pointed a sword in my face. Its tip was right at my nose. "Oh, you want to make it fast?" I brought my hand at the sharp end of the sword and jammed it through, watching the blood pour out. "See, it's no fun."

As I was about to smirk, knowing there wasn't much they could do, a strong sting shot through my hand. I gasped and grabbed my hand in agony. What the heck was that sword?!