Chapter 2.

Ariana POV

I quickly got ready for work, putting my hair into a ballerina bun. I work at a local boutique. I got the kids ready and put them in the car. Just then I felt my phone vibrate.

<>

From Andre: 232 Branch Ave. 7:22 am.

To Andre: On my way! 7:24 am.

<>

As I drove to Andre's house I looked in the back seat and the boys were asleep. I pulled into his driveway and put the car in park. I grabbed the kids and knocked on the door. Andre opened it and I brung the boys inside, sitting their bags down on the couch. Naja was on the couch smiling.

"Hey sweetie." I said and she smiled.

"Hi." She said grabbing a Barbie doll off of the floor.

"Andre make sure Aj doesn't have too much sugar, and Aaron likes to watch Chowder for about thirty minutes a day." I said quickly and he nodded.

"Okay I have to go." I kissed the boys goodbye and was off to work.

<>

I looked around the store and a guy walked up to me. He smiled and I politely smiled back. A woman walked up to him and practically threw herself at him. I just watched in amusement. The store was barely full, but it was the morning time so I understood. The rush was really in the afternoon.

"Excuse me, but can you please give me and my boyfriend a moment?" I asked and she rolled her eyes, walking away with a switch in her hips.

"Thanks for that." He said and I shrugged my shoulders.

"No problem." I said and he cleared his throat.

"Would you like to go to lunch with me?" He asked and I contemplated before smiling.

"Sure." I said.

<>

"No the way she looked at you though." We laughed and I tried to catch my breath. We were having lunch at The Courtyard Cafe. I was having a really good time. That's when I looked at the actual time.

"I have to go. Thanks for bringing me to lunch, I had a nice time." I got up and grabbed my bag, putting a twenty on the table.

"How about we do this again sometime?" He suggested and I shrugged.

"Sure." I said and walked off.

<>

I knocked on the door quickly and Andre opened the door smiling.

"You're late." He said and I nodded.

"I know, I was having a lunch date." I walked into the living room and smiled seeing the boys asleep. I grabbed them and quickly walked to the door. Andre was looking at the ground.

"Where's Naja?" I asked.

"She's asleep in her room." He said glumly and I nodded.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked.

"You went on a lunch date." He said.

"Yeah, so what." I said.

"Why would you be on a date, if it's not with me?" He asked and I sighed. Here we go again.

****

<> Pharaoh.