2

Normani's first day of school

Normani's POV

"So normani are you sure you don't want me to walk you to your classes?" Dinah asked.

"Dinah I'm fine. I've been around the school and I've been to all my classes and met all my teachers. But the administrator said that Mr. MacArthur is really bitchy sometim-"

"Wait did you say! Mr. MacArthur!?"

"Yeah chill Dinah."

"I HAVE HIM TOO!"

"Ok ok chill"

"Dang. I can't be happy that my friend is gonna be in my class"

"Sorry Dinah I mean we've know each other for a week and your going crazy just because we have a class together"

"Normani look. It's nothing serious. I'm just happy we're in the same class."

"You know what Dinah I'm just gonna go to Starbucks then head to class. See you in 3rd period"

"Normani- wait. Normani just calm down"

"Why do I need to calm down and there's not even nothing wrong with me!?"

"Because your just walking out the room and I just wanna hang out with u and get to know you better Gosh!"

"Dinah I'm gonna g-"

Dinah grabbed my waist and turned me around to where I was facing her correctly.

"ANSWER ME NORMANI?! What's wrong with you."

"Dinah it's nothing let me go. Jeez! I just need some time to think about it!"

"THINK ABOUT WHAT?!"

"Nothing. Just let me go"

I didn't notice I was crying until. I removed her hands from my waist.

"Normani-waittt!" Dinah yelled.

And with that I was gone. I couldnt tell Dinah. Not now. It would just be weird to tell her I think I might like her. It would sound like one of those one shot stories on wattpad. I don't want what I think my feelings are to ruin our friendship. I think we're friends. This past week. I met Camila and Lauren so far and Tori and Zendaya. But me and Dinah's connection is different. She'll ask me to cuddle with her. She would kiss my forehead goodnight. And sometimes we would just go out to eat and one time her and Camila got In an argument that lasted like 3 days. And she was so sad and she just climbed in my bed and asked if she could sleep with me that night. My breath  hitched when she was speaking.

Flashback**

"Dinah it's gonna be ok. She's gonna run back to you and apologize."

"But-but she's never yelled at me like that before. She's mad at me just because I said that her and Lauren would last and they didn't. It's not my fault. She can't possibly be mad at me. I was there to help her now she's mad at me for helping. Like what the hell" she said while sobbing on my shirt.

"Dinah shhh go to sleep. It's gonna be ok I promise."

"Ok. Thanks Manz" she said while wiping her tears away.

"No problem. Now get under the covers and go to sleep"

"Ok. Can you tuck me in"

"Sure you big baby"

When she finally fell asleep I got in my bed and went to sleep.

2 hours after that happened

"Ca-can I sleep with you tonight"

"Dinah I told you it was gon-"

"Please Manz. Just for tonight."

"Ok. Here."I handed her a pillow and she turned her back towards my face.

"Goodnight mani"

"Night DJ"

And with that I was in a deep slumber. But I woke up to arms around my waist. I slowly moved her hands away from me not wanting to wake her. I got up and did my morning routine and sat on Dinah's bed. Just thinking.

End of flashback**

Skips to 3rd period

When I walked into Mr. MacArthur's class I didn't see any sign of Dinah. Did I hurt her that bad. I just didn't want to talk at that moment. I'll just text her.

To My Mufasa☺️- Where are you?

My Mufasa☺️- why do you care?

I don't feel like typing all of this so I'm just gonna put D for Dinah and N for normani.

N to D- because your my friend.

D to N- I didn't know friends didn't tell them what was wrong with them and just walks away with no explanation of why they were crying.

N to D- I told you I didn't wanna talk about it.

D to N- well goodbye

N to D- why are you being like this.

D to N- I gotta go.

N to D- Dinah please. Ju-just give me some time. Please!

After a couple of minutes or you could say and hour to be exact I got no response. After school was over I went back to my dorm.

But to find Dinah crying on her bed.

I rushed by her and grabbed her hands.

"What's wrong din-"

She removed my hands from hers.

"I don't wanna talk about it" she mimicked me from earlier.

"Dinah. I just don't think I should tell you. Why can't you be appreciative about that?"

"Because other than Camila your my best friend. And friends don't like seeing someone they love hurt. And I just want to know what wrong with you. That's all!"

"Dinah I'm sorry I just can't. Just not now."

Dinah grabbed her jacket and her purse and phone and said...

"You know what. I'm just gonna go. We're fighting for no reason but I just wanna know why u were crying but if you don't wanna tell me then I'll just go until you tell me. I can't stay in a room with someone who keeps secrets. If you wanna keep a secret go audition for "Pretty Little Liars" or some crap. Bye normani."

"Dinahhhh wait please"

She didn't wait.

A/N: what's their deal. Well you'll find out in the next chapter of contagious love. Stay tuned. And vote and comment byee.