MH 11: Anomaly

BREAKING NEWS:

MISSING FEMALE STUDENTS FROM SCHOOLS IN GREEN FIELD REGION, FOUND DEAD AND MUTILATED.

Terra stared blankly at the screen. Ever since she'd read the news on Xander's phone the day before, she'd felt hollow and sad. It had later been reported that the students had been missing for two days before their remains had been found earlier the day before. Since the authorities were yet to find the cause of their death, the government hadn't declared anything on the matter but the authorities assured parents and terrified citizens that they were looking into it.

She sat up straighter as the news caster, a brunette with full lips and thick lenses, began to cast the news.

"Tension has been the order of the day as citizens question the safety of their children going to school after the discovery of the mutilated bodies of three teenage girls earlier reported missing. Investigations are currently on-going by the Police--"

Terra turned off the television and sighed. Three teenage girls. Three high schoolers. Three lives. They might have been thinking anything from what to have for lunch to whose party to attend for the weekend to how to get their grades up or even which boy was cuter than which. But now they were gone. Their lives were cruelly taken from them.

Though people died everyday, be it naturally, being crushed by a bus or taking their own lives, it didn't make their death any easier on those they've left behind. Their parents, their families, friends and most especially a loved one. The pain of loss was more excrutiating when they don't know the cause of death. Were they murdered? Or just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Was it anyone's fault? Though Terra had never lost anyone close to her, she knew and understood the feeling. She felt another pang of sadness and marveled at it. It was so strong, it forced a gasp from her. She hadn't known the deceased but she felt a sickening connection to them. Had they been Meta's? Or was their death connected to her in a way?

She shook her head and snifled. She felt tears sting her eyes. Another surprise. She fought down a wave of nausea and got on her knees. She wasn't a religious person though she believed in the gods and God of creation and she knew what had to be done.
Terra linked her hands together and closed her eyes before saying solemly.

"kipaana sseyeo jaei anapssoyia mmrhaet daeyol."

May their souls rest in perfect peace. Racia repeated.

She stood up from the floor feeling better and light-hearted. Though she wished she could properly mourn the dead, she had work to do. And since she couldn't explain to her employer her fervent need to mourn the dead she didn't know, she had to work.
With that, Terra grabbed her bag, keys and made for the door.

"I see you've gotten used to your companion." A voice stopped her.

Terra spun around to find Marie-Anne standing by the front entrance. Her face squeezed into a frown.

"Why are you home?" Terra asked, eyes narrowing.

"Ah ah ahh, may I remind you that this is my house? I can come and go as I please."

"Whatever." Terra muttered angrily before stalking towards the kitchen door.

"You've really grown wings haven't you little one?" Marie's cold voice stopped her.

"Cut the crap Marie, I'm not having this conversation with you." Terra replied through gritted teeth.

"Oh, but I do want to have this conversation with you."

Terra could hear the hint of amusement in her tone. Marie was having fun out of making her angry. She pushed down the bile that rose in her throat and tried to remain calm.