Chapter 4

Jack lay on his bed in the Atlantis. The past few weeks had been stressful. He'd been pressured by the SGC to provide results from the Z.P.M facility. Colonel Caldwell had found that the second superhive on the planet Mitchell went missing had been destroyed and the other had left, taking Mitchell and his men.
But the best part was that the Wraith were really weakened by the loss of the facility. They had lost their leaders that lived in the facility and some Wraith were trying to take control, which meant there was chaos. And it also meant that they were easily pushing the Wraith further back, into the corner of the galaxy, cutting off their food supply.

But Jack was thinking about something. Rodney had brought it up a few days ago, it was only meant as a joke to make people paranoid, but Jack realised it could be true. The Wraith never used shields, they'd never had the technology for it, but the two powerful superhives had them. Gaining a large supply of Z.P.M's won't suddenly give them the ability to have shields. Someone had to have given them the technology, which meant that someone was helping the Wraith. Rodney had just said that they probably just figured it out from the database of the facility, but Jack had Radek check. There is no mention of shields in the database. Radek had told him that the Wraith could have just deleted it from the database. But why would they do that? They'd have no reason to delete it.

Jack was worried. This could mean that there is another bad guy out there, powerful enough to influence the Wraith...