Chapter 5

Five Ha'taks dropped out of hyperspace, only the Odyssey stood in their way. They closed in on the single ship and dealt heavy damage. The Odyssey also doing damage, was already breaking through the shields of the nearest ship. It didn't take long for them to take out one of the Ha'taks, but the others were about to disable the Odyssey's beam weapons.  Then suddenly, another hyperspace window opened.

"Rodney, we're going to need the Z.P.M. connected as soon as possible!" Sam shouted through the radio, as she sat on the bridge of the Apollo.
" Connecting Z.P.M now!" Rodney said as he entered a command into his tablet.
The Apollo closed in behind the Ha'taks and used the amplified beam weapons to easily destroy a Ha'tak. The three remaining Ha'taks turned away from the Odyssey and went for the Apollo. But by the time they'd turned around the Apollo had already destroyed another one. The final two ships began to fire on the Apollo, but with its strengthened shields they struggled to do enough damage in time. They were quickly destroyed.

"It worked Rodney!" John said, sitting at the console next to Sam.
" Apollo, this is the SGC, we need you to report to the briefing room immediately" A voice said over the radio.
" But I need to get back to Pegasus and finish a few tests, and then adjust the settings of the facility for mass production of more Z.P.M's" Rodney said into his radio as he packed some of his equipment back into its case.
Before he could think of another reason Rodney was beamed out of his makeshift Z.P.M lab.