Chapter 15

"DS-3 has been destroyed sir!" A soldier said, relaying the information he'd just received through his earpiece.

"Send an emergency request for reinforcements" Ordered the Colonel in command, having to shout over the loud sirens going off.

Another soldier on the other side of the room quickly turned to a nearby console and began to quickly type the command. The ground suddenly shook and sparks were sent across the room, a few of the soldiers were thrown off their feet, others were struggling to regain their balance.

In geostationary orbit around the planet were two Ha'taks attempting to bombard the planet. But they were being slowed down by two squadrons of 305's, Defence Squadron 1 and 2, the third and fourth had already been destroyed,  but had managed to take a Ha'tak with them.

Meanwhile, on another planet, they were receiving the distress signal. The colonel there had ordered the soldier to play the message. "This is Colonel Phillis on Gamma base requesting reinforcements, we're being attacked by the Lucian alliance, our defences are failing!"

"Ok, Load up DS-3,4 and 7 with Naquadriah enhanced tactical nukes, and deploy them. Let them know help is on the way, dial Gamma base!" the colonel ordered.

The doors to the hangar opened and one by one the squadrons were deployed. Back at Gamma base the same soldier as before relayed the message back to Colonel Phillis, "Delta base has responded and are sending three squadrons"

"Great, open the roof" He ordered, as another explosion shook the base.

The roof of the gate room slowly opened, a piston mechanism attached to the bottom of the stargate extended. The same thing was happening at Delta base, once the stargate was clear of the roof the mechanism rotated the stargate parallel to the roof. As the inner ring began to spin and the chevrons began to light up the fighters began to climb, quickly gaining altitude. "Fighters are ready to begin attack run" A soldier announced to the colonel.

"Deploy" He commanded.

On both worlds the stargates activated, the unstable vortex exploding upwards. The fighters at Delta base suddenly stopped climbing, they turned and began to drop, dive-bombing the base. They continued to accelerate, reaching terminal velocity as they lined up. The fighters were now in a row, one above the other, the ends of the wings folding over as they closed in on their target. Finally, they reached the stargate, each one of them hitting the event horizon at the exact centre. On the other end, at Gamma base, the fighters arrived, just as an energy blast narrowly missed the stargate. At their speed, the fighters reached the Ha'taks quickly. Before long they began firing their enhanced weapons, the Ha'taks shields were quickly destroyed and with their combined firepower, all the fighters managed to destroy them together.