Chapter 13

"Found anything else yet?" Rodney asked, without looking up from his desk.

Radek had just walked into the small lab, he was leading a small team of engineers that had arrived to help scavenge what they could. Anything they did find (7 broken crystals so far) was handed to Rodney so he could check to see if they were still usable and if they had any information they hadn't already got from the ancients electronic accumulation of knowledge (sorry, but Wattpad thinks the proper name for it is inappropriate so I cant use it). Rodney was working on his laptop which was connected to one of the crystals using an adapter. "No, not yet" Radek replied.

Rodney looked up at him, rolled his eyes and said, "Well, what are you doing in here then?"

"I'm here to tell you that your list of projects is getting longer"

"I cant even remember what was already on the list" Rodney said, getting aggravated.

"Well once you finish here, you need to go and investigate the address Soturi gave us, bring the Z.P.M facility fully online and bring it to full efficiency, fix a few glitches in some of the jumpers we built, make sure the planetary shield emitters are all working properly and finally, help the Genii with their new hive ship." Radek reminded him.

"I said I couldn't remember everything, I didn't ask you to list everything. Now, if you wouldn't mind, I have work to do" Rodney said as he looked down and continued working.

"I've finished the scan and I can confirm that you are both nanite free" Dr. Lam said, "You should be free to go"

"Finally" Ginn said, jumping at Eli.

Eli almost fell over as she hugged him, "You still need to wait for the government to decide if they're going to let you live here." Eli said, causing her to step back and lose her smile.

Amanda looked down at her legs as she sat at the end of the bed. After Eli and Ginn left the infirmary, the doctor came over to her.

"From what I can tell, when the nanites completely rebuilt your body they repaired everything, including your legs. Its not showing any signs of deteriorating so I think it is permanent, but I want you to stay on the base for a little longer just in case" She explained.

Amanda looked up and smiled as she slowly stood up and walked out.