Chapter 9

"They're here" Landry said over the radio.
"Great, because we are ready" Rodney replied.
"Apollo is in position" John said.
The seven Ha'taks approached the seemingly undefended planet. The closer they got the slower they went, certain that a ship would appear any minute. "Rodney, why aren't the satellites firing?" John said, breaking the silence.
"I don't know", he checked his laptop, "Oh crap, the buffers not charging"
"Fix it" Landry ordered.
"I'm trying.." Rodney said, violently typing at his computer.
"They're getting too close!" Landry shouted.
"I..I just need to...." Rodney said, stopping before he could finish the sentence again.
"That's it, I'm moving in" John said,"Get us in position now" he ordered one of the crew sitting next to him.
"WAIT!" Rodney said.
The satellite network began to fire on the Ha'taks, taking them by surprise. Five satellites each attacked a Ha'tak, it wasn't long until there were two left. They were also quickly destroyed, but not before they had a chance to take out three satellites.
"It worked!" Rodney said.
He began to gather some of his things together.
"We should get going so we can get the facility fully operational as soon as..." Rodney started.
"Rodney, you're not going anywhere." Landry said as he entered the lab. John not far behind him. "What? But..." Rodney started to argue.
"Our salvage crews are in the process of recovering some wreckage of Atlantis. I want you and Radek to look through it and salvage any useful tech, and maybe even recover parts of the ancient database." Landry explained. John, standing behind him, rolled his eyes. He knew it would mean that he wouldn't be able to go on any missions for even longer. "In the meantime, John, your team will be continuing it's missions, just without Rodney. Jack will find you a replacement when you get back, until Rodney has finished." Landry said, turning round to face John as he turned and left, with Sam leaving behind him.
Rodney left to go to the hangar at area 51, where the salvaged wreckage was beamed. Radek was waiting for him with a team of engineers and a small crane. The rubble resembled the midsection of a tower.
John and Sam boarded the Apollo and headed back to Pegasus. Before they departed, the SGC received a transmission saying the team of scientists working in the facility had successfully created a second Z.P.M which was on its way to the Atlantis, to be fitted properly onto another battle cruiser.