Chapter 16

John was heading to his room on the Atlantis, he'd just dropped Ford off at the infirmary. The doctors were going to have to do quite a few tests before he would be allowed home. The past few days had been very busy for him, but finally he was going to get a few hours sleep. John's hopes of a nap were shattered when the general's voice began to give him new orders, "Colonel, Todd is getting a little restless and he's asking for you" John rolled his eyes and turned to head for the brig.

As he entered the room John saw Todd standing on the opposite side of the cell facing the mirror, probably staring down the guard on the other side. He stepped in and walked to the table in the middle of the room and an armed guard stood at the door. "We all know you can't keep me here forever, John Sheppard" Todd said without turning around.

"To be honest, I forgot you were still here" John replied, causing Todd to spin around and glare at him.

"The longer I stay here, the more I'll have to feed" Todd growled, stretching out his feeding hand that was strapped to his waist, "I've heard a few rumours and I'd like to make a deal"

"I don't think we'll need to since the rest of your friends are retreating and we have the advantage of having some very powerful allies." John boasted.

"Your not the only ones to have recently gained a powerful ally, and I thought you were smarter than to think the Wraith would be so easily pushed back without much of a fight for their feeding grounds." Todd said, causing John to lose his smile.

"What are you talking about?" John asked.

"I'm sure you've been wondering how some hives are starting to gain shields" Todd replied.

"Who's this new ally?" Joh questioned.

"I'll tell you if you agree to my demands" Todd bargained.

"What do you want?"

"I want to be set free, and I want to leave in the hive the Genii found, so I can gather up what's left of my followers and leave the galaxy" Todd explained, "I don't see a future for Wraith in this galaxy"

John started to feel a little unnerved 'This new enemy must be really bad if Todd wants to get away'  He thought.

"In exchange for what I want, I'll tell you who it is, where their base of operation is, and everything I know about the big plan they have." Todd added, sensing his previous offer of just who it was wasn't enough.

John got up and left, the door was sealed behind him, he had to tell the General.