Chapter 15

"What is it?" Bob rushes them.

"We desisted to get married in October!"

"Why so early?" Maura asks after the cheering died down.

"She's pregnant." Greg says for her.

Everyone goes silent at first, but the cheering increased again.

"It's only four mouths though." Denise warns us.

"Why are you just telling us?" I asked.

"I didn't want to get everyone hopes up like last time." She dips her head down.

A couple months ago Denise was two months pregnant before she unfortunately had a miscarriage.

"Oh it's fine honey." Maura gets up and starts rubbing her arm.

"Well let's celebrate! How about we go out to eat so we can get to talking about plans for the wedding?" Bob asks, even though i know he just want's a beer.

Everyone agrees as we start standing up.

"Excepted you three." Bob points at me Niall and James. "Were going to be talking about grown up stuff, and no offense son but we don't want a repeat of today." We all slouch back in our seats before James stands up.

"Well then i'm going to Emma's" i scoff. He has to take a liking to the only decent girl at the school. She's a year older then me and one younger then James, but everyone seems to like her. She is on my cheer team and has the same lunch as me so we have gotten pretty close.

"Be back by 11." My mom says. James leaves in the blink of an eye and the rest follow soon after.

"I guess it's just you and me." Niall says for the second time today, almost making me scream because i forgot he was still here.

"Oh. I can... Ummm i can-" I try to think of an excuses to leave.

"No it's fine, let's talk." He cuts me off.

I don't say anything, i just stare at him.

"Why do you hate me?" He says, braking the silence.

"I don't hate you." I say like i knew he was going to say that. "We just have had a ruff past."

"And i'm sorry for that. You know i have changed. So have you."

"What is that suppose to mean?" I say, taking it offensively.

"Well let's face it, your not the same Brooke i left here three years ago."

"What is that suppose to mean? And don't say it like that, the whole year before you left and in middle school you ignored me."

"It means your different. And i know, were over it! I know it was a big deal but i have said sorry countless amount of times and i have shown you i have changed."

"Yeah i am skinner."

"That's not what i meant. I would not care if you weighed 500 pounds or 50, as long as your healthy. But none of those would be healthy so nevermind." I laugh at him a little.

"Then what do you mean?"

"The Brooke back then wouldn't care about what she wore, what she looked like, what she ate, or what others thought of her."

"I grew up." I say looking at the ground. I know i have changed, but i like this me better and i'm never going back.

"I see that."

"Can we stop talking about this."

He just nods.

"So tell me more about the three years i missed."