Chapter 31

No. I don't want to see him. I know exactly who it is just by his voice. But i can't get myself to move. I'm frozen to the seat. I just know one thing, this will be awkward as fuck.

Denise and the moms just look nervous. James and the dads look annoyed. Greg still has that crazed look in his eyes as he starts to stand up.

"Greg. Please." Maura tells him.

He just shakes his head and starts moving again. This time Denise pulls him down and they whisper loudly to each other.

I suck in a breath as i here him enter the room and try to hold back the tears.

"Whats going on?" He asks.

Before anyone can respond, i stand up and walk out without even looking at him. I'm not that mad like i wont talk to him for the rest of my life, i just need some time to take it all in. I still want to here their conversation so i sit at the top of the stairs so no one will see me.

"Whats wrong with her?"

"Why don't you tell us." i can here Greg ask while he grinds his teeth.

"Huh?" Niall asks again.

"She just found out, the same time we did that you guys broke up." Maura says, annoyance clear in her voice.

"No? Were still together." Niall speaks slowly, obviously confused.

"That's not what the TV said." I can here Bob shaking his head.

"Wait." Niall says and everyone stays silent for a while. "Are you guys talking about the clips with Barbara?" People must have nodded since he continued. "And you all saw it too?" There was another pause before he talked again. "I promise it's not what it looks like, i will explain later. I need to talk to Brooke."

I here him whisper "fuck" as he climes up the steps. This would be the part where i would run into another room and act like i wasn't listening. Just one problem, i couldn't move.

I heard him taking the steps two at a time quickly, but i didn't see him. You know when you go into your own world, like during class and your not paying attention to anything? That's me right now. I see his blurry figure approach me and that is when i realize i'm crying.

I feel him pick me up. At first i didn't move, then i finally got back to reality and started squirming around. I started hitting his chest and trying to get off but he didn't even seem the least bit effect by it.

I here a door open and close, i'm soon dropped on a bed that i know is Greg and Denise's old one. I slept in here whenever i got lonely once everyone left, which happened a lot.

Niall is standing in front of me as i sit on the bed. I am facing him, but looking right through him as if he's not even there and i know he can tell i'm doing this.

"Brooke-"

"How is she?" I cut him off.

I finally really look at him for the first time in three months. Man does he look good. But i mean of course he does, that's what happens when you leave your messed up girlfriend at home.

"No it's not like that-"

"Oh don't try to give some shit load of a fairytale that's suppose to make me forgive you and fall for you all over again. This is reality and in reality, you don't get everything you want. Fuck, you barely get anything you want. But that's life and you just need to get some damn balls and move on." I probably cursed more then i ever have in my entire life but it's completely necessary right now.

"Fuck, i'm sorry. More sorry then i have ever been in my entire life. I'm not saying you have to forgive me but i'm just asking for a chance to explain myself. I know our story is far from fairytales as they can get but i wouldn't want it any other way or with anybody else. Could i please just have a chance to actually tell you whats going on before you jump to conclusions. Which i'm almost positive you already have."