Chapter 15: Underneath the Tree

It was the day after the boys had gotten off of school for winter break, and Lucifer was in the car with Cas and Gabriel on their way to the local mall for Christmas shopping. They never really went with their parents because they would snoop at what their parents were getting them and vice versa.

"So," Lucifer started, trying to make conversation in the silent car ride, "What are you guys getting your boyfriends?"

Cas began blushing and stuttering, and Gabriel flipped Lucifer off from the back seat.

"It's not like that," Cas said as Gabriel said, "Shut your damn cakehole."

"Oh really? Cas, I've read your stories." As Cas was about to protest, Lucifer continued, "In case you forgot, five years ago when you started writing, you gave me permission to read them, I have it here." Lucifer got his wallet out of the glove box and pulled out a note from it, in 12 year old Cas's handwriting.

Lucifer continued on as Cas read the note and proceeded to say that it, "wasn't valid." "You write about not just fiction, but also something like your own life and the love interest's name is always Dean. I can connect the dots. And Gabe, thank you for at least coming to terms with it." Gabe flipped Luce off again. "Anyways, Cas, you should really tell Dean soon, Michael's told me that Dean is basically in lo-."

"Lucifer, I love you but shut up. Also, whether I like Dean like that or not doesn't matter because I have a date tomorrow."

Lucifer slammed on the brakes, causing the three boys to jerk forward as Gabriel and Lucifer yelled in unison, "WHAT?!"

"With who?" Lucifer demanded, going back to driving.

"April Kelly," Cas replied, shrugging.

Lucifer laughed bitterly, "April Kelly? April Kelly will literally kill you. She was in an asylum for a year because of an 'accident' where she almost killed a guy. On purpose."

Cas's eyes widened, "But she told everyone that she, everyone one says that she-"

"-went on vacation, yeah, I know. But she didn't. If you were one of the most insane patients in Alistair's Asylum would you tell anyone?" Lucifer looked Cas in the eyes through the mirror.

"No," Cas broke eye contact and looked down.

Lucifer sighed. "Do you have her number?" He asked after thinking of ways to get his brother out of this sticky situation.

"Yeah."

"Give it to me," Lucifer said, pulling over. He took the number from Cas's phone and after giving his little brother a disapproving glance, entered it in his own phone and hit the phone icon. He put it on speaker phone and held it out.

"Hello?" Came from the other side.

"Hi is this April Kelly?"

"Yes, who is this?"

"This is Lucifer, Cas's brother. I hate to tell you this but Cas won't be able to go on your date tomorrow."

"Why not?" Her voice snapped bitterly from the other line.

Lucifer covered the receiver and turned around to face Cas, "She sounds mad." He turned back to staring out the front of the windshield, "He ended up doing something very stupid and is now grounded until he goes to college. He tried to tell our parents about the date but they still didn't allow him. Sorry." Lucifer tried his best not to laugh covering his mouth to stifle his giggles.

"Fine. Tell him I'll see him at school."

"I will. He says thanks for understanding, sorry things didn't work out." Lucifer quickly ended the call and cleared her number from his recents. "Well, that problem is solved. Now let's go shopping!" Lucifer exclaimed, pulling the car back onto the road and heading to the mall.

~~~~~~
Michael was in his car about to pull into the mall parking lot with Jo and Adam. Their parents had already finished Christmas shopping, so the teens were alone on their quest for gifts. The three pulled up right next to Dean's Impala, which Sam and Dean were just getting out of. Mary and John had already finished Christmas shopping just like all the other parents did, so that left the clueless kids to fend for themselves and wreak havoc at the mall, though Michael only figured that would happen if Lucifer and Gabe happened to be there too.

The five had been walking around the mall teasing each other about their significant others or crushes for about ten minutes when they finally decided that they should actually start shopping. Adam and Jo broke off the group to go gossip about Adam's love life and shop leaving Michael with Sam and Dean.

Michael turned to his two cousins, "I'm gonna go try to get some shopping done. Try not to kill each other. Or start the apocalypse."

"No promises, Mikey!" Dean yelled after him, laughing as Michael walked away.

About a half an hour later, Michael had finished all of his shopping. After getting almost everyone on his list a gift card, since they were all picky as hell, he decided to stop at Starbucks for some coffee when he saw Lucifer.

Lucifer had clearly spotted him too, as he began to sprint over to Michael. He came to a stop inches away from Michael and placed a light kiss on his cheek, making the other boy flush brilliantly. "Shopping with the family?" Lucifer greeted, smiling at his boyfriend.

"The entire family. As in also Sam and Dean family."

"Yeah, I saw. Gabe found Sam first and then I guess since Dean wasn't in sight they pulled Cas over to talk to him about something, which was probably his feelings for Dean. After talking for like less than a minute they started whooping in joy so my guess is that Cas likes Dean jus as much as Dean likes him. Which means my ship is already 3/4 of the way there. They obviously care about each other, so that's one fourth. The constant loving stares is another fourth, and then you add in them both admitting their feelings, so that's three-fourths. Now they just need to confess to each other and we're free of all their romantic and sexual tension!" Lucifer threw his hands up in the air at the end of his rant. "I was rambling about ships again wasn't I? Sorry." He looked down.

"Sort of, but it's fine, I like watching you ramble," Michael commented, making Lucifer quickly look up. "You get all animated, you do huge hand gestures, your eyes light up, you get these adorable expressions on your face and nothing is boring and everything is active and happy and it's adorable," Michael concluded, trying and failing to hold back his blush.

Lucifer blushed and quickly pecked Michael on the lips, making the black haired boy blush even more.

The two continued to wait in line at Starbucks together, get coffee where Lucifer paid for the both of them like a gentleman and then they sat together in the busy food court at a table for two, sipping their respective drinks. Gabriel came up to them minutes later and handed Lucifer a bag. "Don't worry, I bought it, just hide it from Cas until I get back, he's suspicious," Gabriel had said, just before leaving with Sam who waved at Michael before walking off with Gabriel.

Michael's curiosity took over and the second he saw the two freshmen leave he leaned over and asked Lucifer, "What's in the bag?"

Lucifer opened the bag and pulled out some mistletoe. "Oh, so that's what Gabriel's doing."

"He's getting a bit desperate, isn't he?" Michael remarked, sitting back in his chair.

"I don't blame him, they need to hurry up. Do me a favor and don't tell anyone."

"Of course."

Oh. My. Gods. Over 12k reads, and now OVER 1K VOTES. YOU GUYS ROCK. Thank you guys so much, I couldn't have done this without you. Next chapter will be the major Christmas chapter though, with more detail. Thanks for reading and remember to vote and comment!