Chapter 19: The Kids Aren't Alright

It took a bit over two minutes for the ambulance to arrive, and Gabriel, Sam and Dean were already outside with Michael. Teachers had come out and made a blockade so that nobody would be able to see Lucifer lying bloody on the ground.

"So what happened?" Dean began to ask as Gabe hugged Sam, unable to even think about his brother who might be dead simply feet away from him.

"Michael fucking Milton," Cas started as he shoved through the small crowd that had accumulated with Meg by his side.

Meg. Meg that is in Michael and Lucifer's homeroom. Shit, Michael thought.

Cas grabbed Michael by the front of his shirt with a menacing look in his eyes. "What. The. Fuck did you do?" Cas growled, his voice becoming even lower than usual.

"Cas, babe, what're you doing?" Dean asked, putting a hand on Cas's shoulder that Cas promptly shrugged off.

"Preparing to beat the shit out of your cousin, babe. Now please don't get into my way." Dean sent him a look that Cas sensed without even looking his way. "Love you," Cas added, nodding to Dean in a much nicer voice.

"You, you piece of shit, cheated on my brother! What the fuck did you expect to come from that? Huh? Anything good? Anything better than HIM GETTING HIT BY A FUCKING CAR?" Cas roared at Michael, refusing to break eye contact. "Now, I get that people can be oblivious when someone is flirting with them. According to Dean, I'm one of those people. However, it is common knowledge that when you're dating someone and someone that is not your datefriend kisses you, you don't kiss them back!"

"I was about to push him away!" Michael objected.

"It didn't fucking look like it!" Meg chipped in, shouting at Michael.

"Hey!" Chuck interrupted, "Break it up. Ambulance is here, since your yelling obviously drowned out the sirens making it impossible for you to notice. Cas, Gabe, wanna come?"

"Yes," Gabriel responded immediately, throwing a glare towards Michael.

"Can I beat the shit out of Michael first?" Cas asked sweetly.

"No, c'mon."

"Chuck, I-" Michael began.

"Save it. It's Mr. Shirley to you. Now go back inside." Chuck regarded Michael with a cold look in his eyes. "We can all talk later."

With that, the teacher and two boys hopped into the ambulance, filled with worry about Lucifer.

Michael watched them drive away, guilt heavy in his stomach when a new face pushed his way through the crowd, coming to stand right beside Meg.

"So," began the innocent looking boy with a dangerous gleam in his eyes, "I heard you're a cheater?"

"Uh, hi Samandriel," Michael regarded him warily.

Samandriel laughed dryly. "Don't 'hi Samandriel' me. You're the reason my cousin just got hit by a car."

"Woah," Dean interrupted, "Down, tiger."

"I'll punch you in your pretty face, Winchester. The fact that I'm dating your cousin doesn't matter. The point is, I don't know whether my cousin is dead or alive because you felt like being--what--a douchebag, making him almost have a panic attack. What part of this isn't your fault? What the hell were you even thinking? He's insecure enough as is and you just had to go and be a little bitch and go kiss another guy? Fuck you, Milton," Samandriel concluded, walking away and no longer looking very innocent.

"You go, little Novak!" Meg yelled after him.

Adam quickly went to join his boyfriend. "What he said, I guess," Adam chipped in.

"This is all my fault, isn't it?" Michael said, looking down at the ground with wide eyes.

"Clearly. What the hell were you thinking?" Sam asked.

"You cheated on someone. Michael Milton the Good, cheated on his boyfriend and caused him to get hit by a car," Dean said. "What the actual fuck?"

"I don't know what I was thinking. Seriously. I got to school early and was forced to show around this new guy, so I showed him around. Then he ended up being in the same homeroom as me, ok cool, but then he took Lucifer's seat and I tried to say 'someone is sitting there' but he kept talking. Look, he talked so much I couldn't get a word in and I didn't want to be impolite. Cas was right, ok, I didn't think that he was flirting with me but then he kissed me-"

"And you didn't shove him away or pull back in the slightest," Meg deadpanned.

"I was about to pull back!"

"No, you were kissing him back."

"Unintentionally! I swear on my life, I was about to pull back, ok? I never would do anything to purposefully hurt Luce," Michael began, looking heartbroken.

"So that kiss meant nothing to you?" A new voice piped up.

"Yes! How many times do I have to say..." Michael trailed off as he looked st the speaker. "Sorry, but really, it didn't. That guy who ran off, got hit by the car and was taken away in the ambulance is my boyfriend. Well, was my boyfriend," Michael said, saddened.

"Dude, you don't have to be nice all the time. You could've just said something. I hope your boyfriend's okay." The guy nodded at Michael, not acknowledging the was in Michael's statement and walked away.

"Michael, what do you mean was your boyfriend?" Sam asked warily, eyeing Michael.

"Well, after Luce got hit, I called 911 and said 'my boyfriend got hit by a car'. Lucifer replied, right before passing out, 'Not anymore, asshole.' So, I guess he broke up with me. But seeing things from his point of view, I guess I deserve it."

"This has got to be one of the biggest fuck-ups in history," Dean sighed.

"You mean aside from Trump becoming president?" Michael laughed.

"Nothing can be more of a fuck-up than Trump becoming president," Sam said seriously.

"Anyways, we're gonna help you fix it. After your heartbroken ass wallows in grief for a day or so. We need to see how much he means to you, otherwise, this won't be worth it."

Sorry you still don't know whether Luce is alive or dead lol.