Chapter 23

"Flight 4426 to New York now boarding"
I smiled as the lady on the intercom announced it was time to board. I handed the guy my ticket and went in to find my seat. I sat by the window next to a couple who were in a full depth conversation about of how excited they we're travelling together. I rolled my eyes and watched as we decended in the morning sunrise.

I wake up to the pilot announcing that we have arrived in New York. I love it here, the enormous buildings, the outlets, the people, it seems so relaxing. I slightly groaned and sat up. I walked over to the baggage claim area and collected my luggage, where I saw crowds of young girls squirming and squealing and flashing lights from cameras.

"Marissa!" Shawn yelled while being continuously squished by the crowd. Shawn ran towards me giving me a huge hug, I smiled to myself.

"Oh my Marissa, you haven't changed one bit!" He smiled at me.

"Hello Shawn, it's nice meeting you again" I told him while reciving a bone crushing hug from him.

"I can't wait till you meet Camila!" He told me while the paparazzi annoyingly yells "Who's this girl?? Are you cheating on Camila?".

Shawn rolled his eyes and grabbed my luggage as I followed him to his car, headed to his house.

We pulled up in front of Shawn's house, my mouth hung wide open, its beautiful, a little too big - I mean, I thought Jack's house was huge but nothing compared to this. When I got out of the car I was greeted with a million dollar smile, and piercing brown eyes. "Hi, I'm Camila".

I was completely starstrucked by Camila, she's.. she's beautiful. "Hello Camila, nice to meet you, I'm Marissa. Thank you for inviting me to your home" I smiled and shook her hand.

I followed Shawn into the guest bedroom as I carried my bags into the beautifully furnished room and set them down on the floor. There was a light knock on the door.

I turned around and Camila was standing in the doorway. "I've heard a lot about you from Shawn, make yourself feel at home. Oh and wear these slippers around the house, I don't want any skid marks on my tiles" She smiles as she hands me the house slippers and nudges my shoulder as she walked out the room.

I giggled and looked at Shawn. "So, any plans for today, Shawn" I said.

"Well, I was thinking of going out clubbing with you but unfortunately, Camila believes partying is "inappropriate behaviour", she was suggesting to just have dinner tonight" He sighs. Shawn and I continued catching up.

A couple of hours later Shawn and Camila showed me to the dinner table, we were sitting down at the table talking and laughing and just enjoying each others company.

"Shawn, may you please hand me the potato salad?" Camila smiles. Shawn hands over the bowl of potato salad, as he accidentally knocks over the red wine bottle causing it spill all over the table.

Camila loudly gasps and her eyes widen. "Shawn! This is a $850 Armonia tablecloth specially designed for us! This is irreplaceable! Doesn't this have any meaning to you!" She yells as both her teeth and fist clench. Is she being serious? She's wilding out over a tablecloth.

"Camila, stop. It's just a tablecloth, i'll fix it" Shawn grabs the napkins and dabs it on the tablecloth as we both burst out in laughter.

"You'll fix it?" Camila yells as she wipes her tears.

"Why don't you fix this Swarovski Crystalline wine glass!" She screams as she throws the wine glass on the floor, storming upstairs.

I look at Shawn with disbelief. "Shawn, is she always like this?" I question him as I carefully help him pick up the broken glass.

"Unfortunately, yes" He falsely smiles.

"I know it's not my place to question your relationship, but why are you still with her? It hasn't been a day yet and I notice she's so controlling. Seems like she has OCD too" I mutter.

"Not all relationships are perfect, am I right?" He smiles as I see Camila angrily throwing a pillows and blankets over the railing.

"Considering your childish behaviour, you're sleeping on the couch!" Camila yells as she storms back into her room, slamming the door.

"The only one with the childish behaviour is her. Smh" I roll my eyes as Camila's annoyingness settles in.

"You know what, stop cleaning up. Lets go" Shawn throws the broken wine glasses pieces back on the floor and grabs my arm as we exit the house driving off.

"Marissa, I'm sorry about that whole thing" Shawn mentions.

"No need to apologise Shawn, but where are we going?" I ask. "A place where I feel relaxed, a place where I escape Camila's insanity" He answers. "And where is that?" I respond laughing. "You'll see, but first let's buy some beers" He smiles.

We arrived at this beach. It was beautiful and secluded, I can see why this was Shawn's favourite place to relax. "A mixture of unmatched feelings that overwhelms me when I'm at this beach" Shawn looks at me as we take seat on the grainy sand. He opens a beer and hands it to me. It was only Shawn and I on the beach, allowing us to enjoy the night, undisturbed. We began talking throughout the night. "Shawn, it's 10:45pm at night but I want to get in the water" I laugh. "Are you crazy? It's so cold" He stares at me strangely and giggles. I stand up and grab Shawn's hand with all my strength. As we both run, the wind whips my face, blowing my hair back. The sand is soft beneath my feet, as we run close to the ocean, dodging the waves that try to push us over. I almost fall - Shawn grasps onto my waist and gracefully looks me in the eyes. I feel Shawn's wet lips upon mine, he pulls me in closer, re-positioning his hands. I could feel him against me. My arms wrap around his neck as we continued passionately kissing. Shawn slowly pulls away and caresses my cheeks "This is the first time in forever, I'm actually having fun" He smiles, we began cuddling as the water drifts pass our legs. He cutely begins to stare at me. "What?" I laugh as I playfully push him causing me to slip, and stumble clumsily. The saline water began stinging my eyes, making them burn, and goes into my mouth. It tastes salty and dirty - I spit it out and raise my shirt to wipe my mouth, and get sand in my mouth. My idiocy annoys me as I spit out the rough, grainy sand. Shawn continues chuckling as he gives me a hand "You're clumsiness, it's cute. You haven't changed at all". I stuck my tongue out. Shawn and I walked back to the car, I'm completely drenched and freezing. Shawn looks over at me and takes off his jacket. He wraps his jacket around me whilst hugging from the behind as he lays his head on mine. "Marissa, it's only been a day yet I feel I've found myself again" Shawn mentions. "Shawn, as much as I want to stop you from hugging me, I can't. What we're doing is still wrong, what would Camila think?" I look up at Shawn. "I don't care about what she thinks, I feel like myself. When I'm with Camila, I have to change myself to her standards. I hate it" Shawn says as his hug tightens. "She's your fiancé.. And if you hate being in a relationship with her, why are you marryin.." Shawn cuts me off. "Marissa, just tonight. Please". I stood still, laying my head on his chest and stayed quiet. Few minutes have passed and Shawn lets me go as he kisses my forehead. We both entered the car and Shawn drove off headed back to his house as my eyes began shutting involuntarily, as I slowly fall asleep.