Chapter 21

A/N: Guys, I SINCERELY APOLOGISE FOR MY ABSENCE AND ITS BEEN TWO YEARS WTF. But shit, 19k reads? Last time I checked (which was the start of last year) it was only 400+ reads. YES ITS BEEN A YEAR BUT IM BACK. Reading throughout my chapters, my grammar was fucking revolting so I apologise for that too. Sorry for leaving!!! I'll be also editing every chapter because it's fucking cringe HAHAHA.

I think to myself, why didn't Shawn and I have proper goodbye? This is not how I wanted it to end. Everything went by so quick but now, I'm probably never going to see him nor talk to him. I don't believe in long distance relationships.

*2 YEARS LATER*

I kiss my 2 year old daughter goodnight and tuck her into bed. The past two years have been a shitshow yet such a blessing. Soon after Shawn left aka my "high school sweetheart", we completely lost contact. I began partying recklessly leaving my 18 year old self pregnant,  although I'm not aware who the father may be, Jack has surprisingly been there for me being the shoulder I cry on, being someone I depend on and being somewhat of a father-figure to my daughter whilst not having any affection for each other, I'm overwhelmed that Jack loves Tiffany as much as I do - he treats her as her own and I adore that. After all, I still managed to attend a great college and received a job which I unfortunately dread but making enough money for me to support my child and move out to a great neighbourhood. Not surprised it took a year for Jack to mature, he too attended college. I've never seen Jack so successful in life, I mean by the age of 20 - he was able to invest in his own company making him incredibly wealthy, he doesn't even have to go work! Isn't he lucky. I wonder how Shawn's doing? Relationship wise, I've seen him all over tv, billboards and the radio - he's doing so great in the music industry, even my 2 year old daughter jams out to his music in the car.

*BEEP BEEP*

I awaken due to the horrid sound of my outmoded alarm clock. I feel my life's been such a routine - wake up, wait till Jack arrives to look after Tiffany, get ready for work, go to work and come back home. That's really how it's been, as boring as it sounds, I love it. I get out of bed sluggishly as I hear my doorbell continuously ringing, I walk downstairs and open the door. I rub my tired eyes and see Jack. "Marissa, I've been waiting for you to open the door! What took you a while" He jokes as he enters happily and gives me a hug. "Oh pipe down, help cook breakfast Mr. Gilinsky" I laugh. As Jack walks over to the kitchen beginning to cook, I walk upstairs in Tiffany's room and gently her up as she cutely yawns. "Good morning baby" I carry her in my arms, giving her a good morning kiss. We walked downstairs down stairs seeing Jack flipping eggs. "Hello uncle Jakey!!" Tiffany happily yells. Jack turns around and immediately smiles. "Aw hello baby Tiffany" Jack smiles giving Tiffany a big hug. I'm glad Jack's in my daughters life. "Let's eat! I'm starving" Jack says in a cute baby voice as Tiffany giggles. "I'm just going to quickly check the mail, hold up" I mention. I grabbed the mailbox keys from our key holder and unlocked the mailbox. I look through the letters - hm, bills, bills and Shawn and Camila's Wedding. My eyes widen and I read the envelope again, I harshly open the letter and crazily read the wedding invitation.

"Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello requested the honour of your presence at their marriage. Saturday 30th of the July, 12 o' clock in the afternoon at St Royce, New York".

I walk inside the house completely shocked, I'm happy for Shawn. I take a seat at the dining table and show Jack the wedding invitation. "So, I found this in the mail" I laugh. "Shawn Mendes? The Shawn Mendes who left you to go New York to pursue his music career?" He says in confusion. "Yes Jack, it's so weird though. We haven't talked in like two years, yet his way of communicating is inviting me to his wedding? Fine by me, I guess. I'd be great to catch up with him again" I mention as I begin eating. "I mean, if you're going to his wedding.l - I don't see the problem of Tiffany and I joining too" He shrugs his shoulders as Tiffany nods her head and smiles. I look at the time. "Well anyway, I'm quickly going to take a shower and get ready for work". I stand up picking up my plate and placing it in the dishwasher. As I walk upstairs, I grab my phone from my pocket and email Shawn.

"Hello Shawn,
It's Marissa! I just received your wedding invitation in the mail. It's been forever! I'm truly happy for your success Shawn. Hopefully you'll see this, my numbers still the same so call me anytime to catch up. I'll see you at your wedding (:"

I sent the email and begin getting ready for work.