Chapter 7

We walked over to sickbay and asked for an ice pack from the school nurse. We sat down as I started gently patting his face with the ice pack. "Why did you guys start fighting in the first place anyway? Tell me the full story" I ask curiously. "He just started punching me out of no where so obviously I retaliated and started throwing punches back"."Wow, I don't really get why Jacks mad? He's the one that cheated on me. Now that he sees I'm moving on, he wants me". Yea I know, ow" He says clenching his hand from the pain. "Sorry" I laugh. We started to look in each other's eyes and before we were about to kiss, Jack was able to interrupt - lovely. "Hey love birds" Jack said in a sarcastic tone. We both ignored what he said because obviously another fight was going to occur.

School finally ended and Carter invited me over to his house. We both walked to his house and Carter was nice enough to carry my bag. We arrived at his house and went upstairs to his room, we decided to watch scary movies and order some pizza. It was a perfect way to end the day.

It was already 8:26pm so I decided to go home before my parents killed me if I came any later, I gave Carter hug and just as I opened the door a girl was waiting outside the house. "Oh who are you ?" I mean it obviously wasn't Carter's mother cause she looked like she was my age. "Um Carters girlfriends duh? What are you doing here, are you like his cousin or something?". I didn't even answer her, I just walked away. As I began walking home I texted Carter "I wonder why you never told me you had a girlfriend? Luckily Jack was able to interrupt our kiss earlier today am I right 🐸☕️?? No shade though Xx"

Once I arrived at home, I took a long hot shower to just keep my mind off things and went off to bed.

I woke up the next morning looking like a drag, I wasn't really bothered to look good and grabbed whatever I found in my closet, there was no one I had to impress for school. I ate breakfast with my mum and asked her to drop me off to school because I just wasn't bothered for anything. I arrived at school and found Johnson, I told him the story. Johnson was really the one friend I could depend on, he always seemed to understand me, without him I wouldn't be able to survive this school. I walked to my locker and started to tear up until Jack saw me and hugged me. As much as I hated him, I just rested and allowed him to hug me.

"It was Carter wasn't it?" He asks. "Partially, also you too". He hugged me tighter "I'm sorry Marissa. I'm here now, it's okay". He kissed my forehead. I see Carter running towards me from the distance. "Marissa, I'm sorry for not telling you. I was planning-". I cut him off while Jack stood in front of me "You should've told me you had a girlfriend Carter.." I yell."Yeah, I know". "If you knew, then why didn't you tell me? We started getting so close and I had slight feelings for you". He stood there in silence. "Exactly, no answer". Before Jack and I walked off, Jack punched Carter on the face. "That's what you get for hurting her" He yells as his fist still clenched ready to throw more punches. "What? You hurt her too!" Carter yells whilst holding his face. "Shut up before I punch you again".

A/N : <333 HOW'D YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER ? LEAVE A VOTE AND COMMENT :) I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH