Chapter 15 // Protective

I left Jack standing there shocked and went over to Shawn. "Marissa, what happened ?"."nothing, don't worry". Before Shawn and I left to go to class I unlocked my car and put the roses and balloons in the boot. We started walking in the hallway "Hey Shawn ? Guess what ?"." What ?"."I GOT INTO UNIVERSITY!"."THATS AMAZING MARISSA" Shawn gave me a big hug then looked down at me with our eyes glancing at each others "Marissa, I really want to kiss you right now" he mentioned biting his bottom lip. I went in for a kiss until someone pulled me by the back of my shirt making our kiss disconnect, wow lucky surprise it was Jack. As Jack was about to throw a punch at Shawn I quickly held his arm with all my strength "please, don't this Jack". Jack looked at me and grabbed me by the arm forcing me leaving Shawn. "Marissa, what the actual fuck ? Why were you two kissing !?"."um maybe because I love him and he loves me back ? And plus you've moved on with Angela"."I don't want to see you get hurt.."."well you know what Jack ? You've hurt me so haven't you seen me hurt already ?"."you know what ? Okay go ahead crushing on him. He'll just end up breaking you like what Carter did". Jack walked away leaving me, I tried holding back my tears but I couldn't. My eyes started balling and I just couldn't stop.

"Hey". I turn around and it was Shawn. "Hey Shawn.." I said as he sat down next to me giving me a hug as I cried even more."Marissa, it's okay"."Shawn it's not, I can't deal with him.. Shawn you should go class, were both late alrea-". He cut me off giving me a passionate kiss. "it's fine Marissa.. Marissa this is not like me but let's ditch school today ? Will be super badass for today!?!?"."gosh you're hilarious but no, we will not be badasses for today Shawn" giving him a smirk. "Okay, okay. I'll see you after school yea ? And um I was thinking if you wanted to have dinner at my house with my parents ? You don't have to if you don't want to"."Shawn of course I'll go!"."ok great" he said giving me a big smile.

School was finished and Shawn was waiting for me standing next to his car. "Hey Shawn"."hey, okay let's go. Just follow me okay?"."sure". I went in my car and started the engine as he did the same, I started following him to his house and while I kept him on speaker on my phone just in case. It was about a 10-15 minute drive and we arrived and his house which looked absolutely beautiful. I got out of the car and followed Shawn inside his house. "Oh why hello there sweetie, what's your name?" she said giving me a huge smile a lot like Shawns smile. "Hello mrs. Mendes , my names Marissa" giving her a smile back."what a beautiful name, dinner will be ready soon so you can upstairs if you like"."sure". Before Shawn lead me to his room he said hello to his mum and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He treats his mum with a lot of respect and I like that.

"Well this is my room". I looked around and see a guitar in the corner of his room."oh wow, you play guitar?"."yep"."do you write songs or do like covers ?"."both I guess"."is it okay if you can play one of your songs ?"."sure, I'll just sing a recent one I've made, it's called show you" he said walking over grabbing his guitar. He sat on his bed while I sat next to him listening him to play the guitar and sing. He was amazing, his voice was like an angel. He was finished singing "Shawn that was amazing ! You're really good"."thank you Marissa, do you have any special talents of your own ?"."nope, I've always wanted to learn at least one song on the guitar though". "I could teach you ?"."Ngaw Shawn, that would be amazing". He guided my fingers on the guitar strings with his hand which made my heart beat faster and faster. We looked at each other and there was a moment of silence, Shawn went in for a kiss while I had my arms around his neck until his mum called us down for dinner.

Shawn and I walked downstairs along with his younger sister to the dining table and before we ate we said grace. "Hey guys sorry, dad just called and said he'd be coming home late" Shawns mother mentioned. "Oh okay, so Shawn tell me about this beautiful girl"."aha really Aly?" He said as he continued eating. "Well hello, nice to meet you. My names Aly and I'm not proud of being Shawns sister, nah I'm just kidding. His the best brother ever!"."ahaha, my names Marissa. Nice to meet you too Aly". Giving her a smile.

The dinner with Shawns family was great and the food was amazing. "Well I have to head home now, thank you for having me here" giving Mrs. Mendes and Aly a goodbye hug. Shawn walked me out to my car "thanks Shawn for having me". "Anytime Marissa". He then gave me a peck on the lips. "I'll see tomorrow at school, bye Marissa". "Bye Shawn". I went in my car and drove off.

I finally arrived at my apartment. I unlocked the door and see Jack siting on the couch looking like he was waiting for me..

A/N : OMF GUYS !! 800+ READS AND 100 VOTES! I FREAKING LOVE YOU GUYS !!

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST, TODAY HAS BEEN REALLY BUSY 😪

SONG : Life Of The Party By Shawn Mendes