Chapter 20

As I sit inside my car literally freezing to death waiting for Jack to pick me up, I kept looking outside my car window just hoping Shawn would come back, I'm fine with him leaving to New York but not leaving me. I love Shawn, I just remember the day we met, it was great but also unsatisfying. From all these thoughts and memories I can't help but cry. He's leaving tomorrow and I'm probably never going to see him again.

It's been around 15 minutes and I see Jack's car from a distance. I stepped out of my car and waited for him to park as I walk towards him and opened the car door and stepped in. "So what's wrong with you ?" He asks in sarcastic tone. "Hm apart from my boyfriend going to New York and breaking up with me, I'm doing fucking great. And just to say, I'd like thank you from the issue you've made earlier on today was a total fuck up. You got what you wanted Jack, I'm sure you're happy" I yell as I shiver from the cold as my eyes tear up. He takes off his coat and gives it to me. "I don't need it" I harshly push his arm, rejecting his offer. He just ignores me and continues to drive.

We finally arrived at my place. "Thanks for picking me up" I say with a bitchy tone in my voice. "You're welcome" Jack rolls his eyes. I walked out of the car and Jack followed, I turned around "what are you doing ?". "What do you think?". I rolled my eyes and ignored him and took the elevator to my apartment. I opened the door and went to my bedroom as Jack followed on. "Sleep somewhere else Jack". "No". "There's a fucking living room and guest room, chose before I rip your face off because I really want sleep". "Too bad, I chose here". "Then sleep on the floor" as I harshly throw a pillow at him. He grabs the pillow and turns off the light.

I wake up and realise it's the day of graduation, the day where I can say goodbye to every crusty bitch, the day where I can welcome my oncoming events in the future and the day where the person I love truly, leaves me. I then feel an arm wrap around my waist. "Get. Your. Arm. Off. Me" I yell as I push his arm away and kick him off the bed. "That's a very lovely alarm to wake up to". "If you don't know, your graduating today.... surprisingly, so have a shower and get ready" I say in a very bitchy tone. I walk to the bathroom and take a quick shower.

I get ready as Jack quickly showers, I then hear a knock on the door. I walk to the door unlocking it and see my two parents standing there smiling. "Oh my goodness, I miss you guys. What brings you here?" I say in shock giving my two parents a hug. "Obviously were not going to miss our little daughters graduation!". "Anyway, welcome". As I welcomed my parents in the apartment making them feel welcome as they sat down on the sofa. "Well hurry up and get ready!" My mum hurries me as I hear Jack walk to the guest room. Shit. I run to the guest room "Jack don't come out of this room, and wow you have clothes here?" As I see his clothes lay out on the bed. "Why can't I and yes?"."My parents are here!" I yell quietly. "So?". "Meaning they hate you". I run out of the room and get ready to apply my makeup, curl my hair and put on my heels.

I walked into the living room "so how do I look ?" I smile. "Great, ngaw look at our little graduate. I still remember dropping you off on your first day of school" my mother tears as she looks at my dad and I. I hear a door opening and I turn around looking at Jack. "Hello Mr and Mrs Gonzalez, nice meeting you again". I see my parents both pulling on a fake smile as they turn around looking at me "Were not dating". "Hm okay, well I think we should go now. Are you ready Marissa ?" My dad says. "Yes dad, and Jack I'll see you later" I say with anger.

The ride to school was awkward but was seemingly all right, we arrived at school and it's was packed as my dad luckily found a parking spot. "Guys, I'll head first. I'll see you guys later". "Sure sure" my mum says. I ran to the assembly to get my hat and gown before heading to the stage. I tried to find Shawn but there was no hope.

"Fellow students, teachers and families, this is the moment we've all been waiting for and now it's finally here..." Name by name being called individually to the stage to receive our Diploma and then finally I hear my name being called out. I walk to the stage, hand shaking the valedictorian aka our principal. "Thank you" I say nicely before I joined the people standing on the stage. After the most boring but somewhat inspirational speeches by some of the staff and students, the principal joined the stage "Ladies and Gentlemen, I now present you class of 2014".

I walk over to my parents, hugging them. "Marissa, I'm so proud of you". "Thank you guys for being here" as I see Shawn standing near by. "Mum, dad, I'll be back" I run over to Shawn quickly. "Hi Shawn..". "Hey Marissa, um you forgot your keys.." He said as he took his hand from his pocket and gave my car keys to me. "Can I just say how'd you get home ?" He laughed. "Jack picked me up..". "Oh". "Shawn, I really don't want to fight" I say hesitantly. "No no, it's fine. I'm really going to miss Marissa" he gives in for a tight hug. "I'm going to miss you too Shawn, Goodluck okay?" I say as I wiped my eyes carefully, trying not to smudge my makeup. "Marissa I'd love to stay, but I have to go. I love you and also pick up your car". He laughed and went in and kissed me on my forehead then he walked off as I watched him walk away.

"So who was that?" as my mum magically appeared by my side wiping my tears. "My boyfriend, well ex now. His moving to New York and I really love him, his not like Jack mum. His different, very different and that's why I love him, I think I'm going to go now and find him, I love you mum dearly". I hugged my mum and took of my gown and basically threw it on the floor and ironically I bumped into Jack. "Jack, please help me!" I beg. "With what ?". "I'll tell you in the car, just drive to the airport now". "Hm for Shawn?" Jack laughs. "Yes Jack". "Then no". "Jack please, I'm not going to see him ever again just please". "Fine". Jack and I run to his car and drive off to the airport.

It's been at least an hour and we arrived at the airport, I ran inside as Jack followed looking for him. "I can't see him" I say as I start to worry. "Well no shit, this place is bombarded with people". My mouth drops as I see Shawn from a distance giving in his ticket, I turn over to Jack.

"It's too late"