Chapter 14 // Moving On

"OH MY GOODNESS SHAWN, THANK YOU" I invited Shawn in and helped him by getting the pizza and putting them on the coffee table. Shawn then picked one of the movies that he rented and turned on the TV. We sat down on the couch and started enjoying eating pizza and watching the movie. By the second half of the movie I started getting sleepy and I fell asleep on Shawns shoulder.

I wake up being harshly tapped on the shoulder, I wake up and it's Jack. "Marissa, what the hell !"."WHAT!" I said in a tired tone. "Why is Shawn sleeping here ?!?"."we were just watching a movie for goodness sake and we fell asleep. Why do you even care"."I don't.."."then go Jack, you never cared anyway". I began to tear up as Jack left. Shawn woke up from me crying "Marissa, is everything okay ?". "No S-shawn, no" as I begin crying even more. Shawn hugged me as I rest my head on his chest. "It's okay Marissa, I know how it feels, I've been hurt before too. I understand".

It's been a week and it's been really busy, I got my drivers licence and a car, finally. Shawn and I are closer than ever but not a couple and the most disturbing news is Jack and Angela are together. Angela must be happy, lets just see how long their "relationship" will last.

It was Monday and my first period was English, great. I'm going to see Jack. I got ready for school and finally it was the last week. I checked my mail box and I got in Omaha University. "Oh my gosh, IS THIS REAL??!!?". I got my phone from my pocket and called my mum. I haven't spoken to her since and I moved in with Jack.

"Hello mum?!?"

"Hello Marissa ! Long time no talk. How's it's been going with Jack?"

"Well we broke up and I got in Omaha University!"

" IM SO GLAD FOR YOU! THIS IS GREAT NEWS!"

"That Jack and I broke up or me going to university ?"

"BOTH"

"aha okay mum, have a good day. Tell dad okay? Bye mum"

"Bye honey"

I ended the call. This week is going to be really busy and stressful, it's my 18th birthday today, then prom on Thursday then graduation the next day. This year has gone by so fast, through all the drama and commotion. Wow, I just can't believe how far I've gone throughout this year.

I grabbed my car keys from my pocket and drove to school. I haven't seen Johnson at school lately since Angela cheated on him, I'm actually really worried for him. I called Johnson twice and he didn't pick up so I texted him

"Hey Johnson, ring me up okay ?"

No reply from Johnson. I finally arrived at school and parked my car in the school car park and right in front of me I see Shawn holding a bouquet of red roses and love heart balloons. I walk out of my car amazed and stunned by what I was seeing while on the other hand I see Jack in the background. "Marissa, you are the most kindest, prettiest and must say funniest girl I've ever met and it wouldn't be complete if I didn't go prom with you so Marissa, will you go to prom with me ?"."YES SHAWN, YES". I jump at Shawn giving him big hug having my legs around his waist and having my arms around his neck resting my head next to his, Shawn turned his head making his lips face my ear "also I didn't forget, happy early birthday". "ngaw thank you Shawn !" I see Jack looking sad and frustrated ? He wasn't crying though. I disconnected our hug and took the roses and balloons "Shawn, I'll be back.." I walked up to Jack "Hi Jack"."what"."you look sad but yet at the same time frustrated". He stayed silent for a moment then looked at me "I love you Marissa.."."What? Jack you broke up with me"."I broke up with you because I'm not good for you, I broke up with you because without me pulling you down you'll move forward, but I can't do it. I love you too much to let you go"."Jack, you know whenever I'm starting to get close with someone you come wanting me back"."hm, so you love Shawn now? Fuck you two". Before Jack stood up and walked away I yelled "I can't help myself if I love someone, I can't help myself that I still love you ! but you know what Jack since you want me to move on I will".

A/N: DID Y'ALL LOVE THIS CHAPTER ? COMMENT AND VOTE GUYS <3333 I FEEL THIS IS A SUPER SHORT CHAPTER BUT ILL TRY MY BEST MAKING THEM LONG

SONG : The Weight by Shawn Mendes