Chapter 3

Jack's POV

Well, I just met Marissa, yes I was a complete asshole towards earlier today but I guess that was my way of  beginning to like her. I think. It's crazy for me to think I may have slight likings for her? I normally don't have this feeling towards any girl I hook up with but there's just something different about her. She's not so easy to give in and her personality, not to forget her sarcasm. It just lightens me up.

*Phone rings*

"Hello, who's this ?"

"Hey Jack, it's me Johnson. Jack Johnson"

"Oh hey, what's up! We haven't talked in ages. I'm miss you buddy, why did you decide to call me now ?"

"I'm moving back Omaha! Can't wait to see you at school tomorrow! Sorry for late notice, I was trying to keep it a surprise but I couldn't handle it without telling you"

"Really? That's AWESOME, well I guess I'll see tomorrow then Jack. Bye"

Wow, I can't believe my best friend is coming back to Omaha.

Marissa' POV

Jack and I are just friends, there's nothing more to it. I open the door and see my parents sitting on the couch as they glare at me seeming angry. "Uh hey" Oh God, here comes the lecturing. "Why'd you come home so late huh? Don't you realise what time it is ? it's 11 on a school night" My mother yells. "Yea, I agree with your mum! And where were you ?". "I was at my friends house doing our assignment, okay?" I yell. "You better be, if you're lying, I will find out". I ignored my parents nagging and went upstairs and took a shower and went to bed.

I woke up, ate breakfast. As I walked out of the house on my way to school, I see in the distance a guy with blonde hair, he had a combination of cute and hot. As I continued walking a short distance behind him, I'm assuming we go to the same school because he was headed to the same way I go when I walk to school. After short walk admiring the back of  the blonde guys head, I was at school. Losing thought, I saw Jack and started to explain the guy I saw during my walk. basically an angel, I really thought he wouldn't care about what I was saying but surprisingly, he looked interested on what I was talking about so I continued defining his the cute blonde guys appearance .

"Marissa, is he the one right there?". "HOLY CRAP, YES. WAIT WHY IS HE COMING OVER HERE?" I question nervously. "Hey Jack, long time no see!" giving Gilisky a hug. "Yeah, and Marissa this is my best friend Jack. Jack Johnson". I was so embarrassed. "Oh h-hi Jack" I began to stutter while Gilinsky looking so.. serious ? "Hey Marissa" He said with such a happy tone in his voice. "Well, I have to go find my locker, I'll meet you guys up later" Johnson smiled. Jack and I started walking around the school and the look in some girls face were envy and jealously, I mean I could tell they hated me for hanging out with Jack. It was starting to get awkward and all there was, was just silence, we weren't talking and he seemed so emotionless. "Jack, is there something wrong?" I ask. "No, not at all" He exclaimed without looking at me then walked off leaving me alone.

The bell eventually rang and a had double period of PE, I started walking to the girls changing room and they all looked at me. Once I was changed a group of girls formed in a circle and started pointing at me. Right off the bat, I knew they talking about me. The group of girls started walking towards me, I pretended I didn't notice them coming. The first thing that I had coming was slap straight on the face. "What the hell was that for?" I yell, defending myself."JACK IS MINE, STAY AWAY FROM HIM" A brunette headed girl yells. "Okay? I'd just like to mention were just friends. So stop with the stupid assumptions!" I shout."Wow, I've heard that one before. You're not just stealing Jack from me, you're also a lying skank!" The brunette girl screams ready to attack me. I scrunched up into a ball covering my face with my arms as I got repeatedly punched and kicked by her and her friends, I mean seriously? This girl was ready to kill me just for Jack. As I was about to receive another punch, someone stopped her. It wasn't the Jack I thought who'd help me, but it was Johnson. Jack Johnson.

He grabbed my hand and helped me up, we immediately went to sick bay and as Johnson received an ice pack for me for the school nurse. "Hey, are you okay ? What happened ?" Johnson questions as he holds the ice pack on my bruised forehead. "Besides of being beat up Im fine, the girl who bashed me is supposedly Jacks girlfriend and she got jealous that Jack and I were hanging out so her and her friends began attacking me" I sarcastically explain. He gently moves around the ice pack on my face where I got punched. "Thanks Johnson, you know without you I'd probably be killed" I said laughing. "Don't mentioned it, if anyone messes with you. Tell me" he said smiling. The bell rang which was recess so Johnson waited for me to look somewhat decent and guided me to the cafeteria while carrying my bag.

We entered the cafeteria and I immediately see Jack sitting with the brunette headed girl that basically almost wanted to kill me, my jaw dropped. Jack went up to me as his "girlfriend" glared at me and asked what happened, all I had to say to him was "your girlfriend". He looked pretty confused and said "are you lyin-", Johnson cut off Jack and explained that his "girlfriend" and her friends started beating me up. "Hey Jack, can we talk in private ?" I ask as I grab him walking to the hallway."What is it?" Jack says without any emotion. "Your girlfriend just attacked me and you're acting as if it didn't happen?" I question him in shock. "Might of been a misunderstanding, she probably thought you were someone else" He exclaims as he rolls his eyes. "Jack, that is the most stupidest excuse ever. Are you really defending her?" I shout. "Yeah. She's my girlfriend, why shouldn't I? It's like how Johnson's defending you, you just love him don't you ?"."What? I just met Johnson, are you that dumb to suspect Im in love with him already? He's my friend,  and just cause he's appealing to me doesn't mean I like him? Are you jealous or something ?" I look him in the eyes, furious."Yeah, maybe I am" Avoiding eye contact with me. "You have a "girlfriend" so what is it to you!" I yell as he began walking off.

A/N : HOPE Y'ALLL ENJOYED CHAPTER THREE! PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT WHAT YOU THINK :D