Chapter 18 // Gulity Happiness

I looked straight trying to avoid eye contact with Jack and pushed his arms away from me, walking into the elevator leaving him utterly speechless. I walked out the apartment building and see Shawn waiting outside of his car wearing a long button-upped shirt along and a black trousers as I walked up to him giving a hug. "Shawn, you look very handsome"."thank you madam Marissa, you look prettier than ever". He looked at me grabbing a handkerchief from his pocket and tying it around my eyes. "I have a surprise for you". Shawn guided me into the car then drove off the our destination.

The car stopped and Shawn opened the car door holding my hand leading me out. He walked behind me and untied the handkerchief, I opened my eyes see a very fancy restaurant. "Ngaw Shawn, you're too sweet" giving Shawn a hug. A waitress walked out and walked towards us. "Your table is ready, follow me". Shawn looked at me giving me a big smile while he held my hand as we followed the waitress to our table. "Shawn I can't believe this, this is amazing. How'd you even get reservations here?". "Well, let's just say I have my connections, and by the way I have one more surprise for you Marissa"."What is it?". Shawn bent down under the table grabbing two boxes. "This is for prom, I bought you this dress and pair of shoes.. If you don't like them I can return th-". I cut him off by opening the box seeing the most prettiest dress and heels I've ever seen then hugged him. "Shawn, I love it, thank you so much". "No problem Marissa" he said smiling while he gave me a kiss.

It was amazing, after we ate our food which was very high class we spent the night talking. I grabbed my phone from my purse and looked at the time. "Shawn, it's getting really late. I think we should be going yea?"."sure sure". Shawn helped carry the boxes to the car and drove back to my place.

I wake up being tapped on the shoulder by Shawn. "Were here now". "Oh okay" I said while rubbing my eyes and yawning. We walked out of the car as Shawn got the boxes helping me bring them to the apartment. Just before I unlocked door Shawn lets go of the boxes and placed them gently on the floor then kissed me as his arms were around my waist. "Thank you Shawn, thanks for everything. I really appreciate it". "No worries, go to sleep now so you have energy for prom tomorrow okay ?". "Yes Shawn" I smiled. He gave me a goodbye hug "bye Marissa, I love you". "Love you too Shawn". Shawn then walked off to the elevator, leaving while I picked up the boxes and entered my apartment. Once I opened the door I see Jack and Angela making out on the couch, what the actual fuck. Jack turned around looking at me, disconnecting his lips with Angela's. "How was your date with Shawn? Did you leave cause he was, hm how you say "boring" ?". Angela giggles. Goodness, you don't know how much I want to slam her face on a brick wall. "It wasn't boring at all, we both had fun, especially me" I said winking at him as his face turned red. I just wanted to mess with him a little, I mean his done worse right ?

"Angela, can you please get out for a moment". "Why?". "Just get out" Jack said with frustration. Angela stood up from the couch as she picked up her fake $12 Gucci bag and walked out looking upset. Once she went out, Jack stood up walking towards me. "Marissa, are you serious right now ?! Did you sleep with him!". "Jack, I was joking.. I'm not like that". "You better, I don't want you losing something to him". "Why not ? Cause you want me losing my virginity to someone like you ? That's very unfortunate, plus you've lost yours when you were probably 12, so please do me a favour and mind your own business". Jack looked down at the boxes I was holding "what's in those boxes?". "As I said mind your own busin-". "Let me say again, what's in those boxes". "Its a gift from Shawn okay? Gosh. You don't have to be so agitated about it". He rolled his eyes and grabbed the boxes, tossing them on the couch as went in for a kiss as both hands were on my cheeks. I couldn't help myself from stopping him, his hands around my waist holding me tight. I just stood there like a statue with my hands on his shoulder and my eyes closed. I opened my eyes and unattached our lips, a moment of silence as we stared at each other. I felt so much guilt, even if Jack went in to kiss me.. I should of stopped him. "Marissa, you don't know how long I've been wanting to do that..". "I know Jack, I know. But whatever just happened did not mean anything. Go back with your girlfriend Angela and kiss her". I walked over to the couch picking up Shawn's gift that Jack tossed on the couch and walked into the bedroom hearing the sound Jack leaving and closing the door.