Chapter 17 // Struggle

I really can't believe this is how my day started. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and called Shawn several times but he declined. I get my car keys and open the door and see Jack sitting there waiting for me, he stood up and walked to me blocking the way to the elevator.

"Marissa, please. I only did it cause I loved you". "No, you did it for yourself! Now move". "Where are you going ?!". " To Shawns house" I said passing Jack. "Why !?" He said grabbing a hold of my arm. "Jack, are you really asking me why I'm going to his place ? You're really stupid you know, and by the way I'm moving out". "Where are you moving ?". "None of your business". "It is my business !". "It isn't Jack.. I-I just.." I couldn't continue my sentence because I couldn't control my tears. I sat there on the floor crying as Jack knelt down hugging me. "I'm sorry Marissa..". I look up at Jack "No your not Jack, I left everything for you, I even left my family for goodness sake then you left me expecting to pick up the pieces. After everything, Shawns been there. He isn't like Carter nor you ! And not to forget Johnson which I don't know where in earth he is!". Jack looked at me, looking ashamed and guilty. I stood up leaving him and taking the elevator to the parking lot.

I started driving as thoughts ran around in my head. I checked the time on my phone and it was already 8:40pm so I knew Shawn was at school. I parked my car in the school parking lot and ran out the car as fast as I could trying to look for Shawn and I find him walking to class. "Shawn !" I yelled as I ran up to him. He turned around and his facial expressions changed more angrier. "Shawn please". "What Marissa ? Tell me more of your excuses, I'd love to hear more bullshit come out of your mouth". "I'm not the one that texted you to come over it was Ja-". "Hm what was Jack doing over at your place ?"."he showed up..". "Okay okay, but how come when I came over to your place he was shirtless coming out of your room?"."if I tell you, you aren't going to believe me.."." Oh really Marissa ? Because I don't seem to believe you now". "Jack texted you to come over to ruin what we had and that you would see him coming out of the room shirtless for you to think we slept together"."hm what was he doing in your room in the first place ? Did you sleep in the same bed ?"."he wouldn't let go of me.. I tried but he didn't let of me"."I'm going to ignore and let that slide but if this happens again with Jack, he better watch out.. and also if I find out your lying our friendship is off, remember that Marissa..". He then face the opposite direction from me and walked to class looking stressed and mad.

Did he really just say friendship ? Ugh how is saying "I love you" to each other and giving him kisses friendship, we never were a thing though.. I guess we just loved each other but weren't an item. I held back my tears, as I walked in class which was my first period and I was kinda late. Well, really late.

There was only 5 minutes till the bell and school was almost finished so I just went to my locker to get my books. As I was waking to my locker I see Shawn pulling Jacks shirt by the collar punching him "never lay a hand on Marissa again"."hm, it's okay. I've laid hands on her countless times" Jack said giving Shawn a wink. Just as Shawn was about to hit Jack again I stopped him "Shawn stop, let's go..". Shawn turned glaring at me as he let go of Jack harshly, he stood up as we walked to the school parking lot.

We stood in front of my car in silence until Shawn broke the silence "I really don't want you feel like this on your birthday, go home, have a shower and get dressed formal.. ". "Where are we going ?". "It'll be a surprise, be ready by 5pm okay?". "Uh sure". "Okay, I'll see you later.. I'll pick you up". Shawn said giving me a goodbye hug and driving off as I did the same.

I finally arrived at home and picked my clothes before I took a shower which was a vintage floral dress, bage blazer, bage wedges and a white belt. Once I was finished having a shower I dried up and put my clothes on and then curled my hair. I grabbed a white purse and put $50 for emergency and my phone inside. I grabbed my house keys and walked outside and locked the door, as I turned around I see Jack. "Hi..". "I thought your moving Marissa"."I'm busy"."where are you going ?"."none of your business. Goodbye". Just as I was going to take a lift Jack held my wrist pulling me into a hug "Marissa, please just tell me one thing.. Tell me that you still love me please".

A/N : SO I WAS JUST EATING SOME MAC 'N' CHEESE THEN I GO ON WATTPAD AND SEE MY BOOK WHICH NOW HAS 1k READS, AFTER THAT I CHOCKED ON A PIECE OF PASTA BUT IM FINE DW. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!! <3 I LOVE READING YOUR COMMENTS GUYS, SO COMMENT ANYTHING AND ALSO VOTE :D