Smiles [Nagisa]

Request from: @RuriAnime-Chan921 The only thing I can say is be prepared.

(F/n) practiced her smile in front of the mirror once again, using her fingers to try and make the smile look happy, even if that's not how she felt inside. Taking her hands away, the smile stayed, faltering only for a second.

              'This will work. This is my smile.' The girl hesitated before opening a drawer, reaching inside to pull out a handgun, a SIG P229. She sat down on her bed, glassy eyes staring at the weapon as one finger brushed over a small dent on the handle. The girl's smile wavered but stayed.

~

              Nagisa sighed in frustration, unable to properly focus on anything lately. He was extremely worried about (f/n), confused as to why no one else was. Every time she smiled, his heart broke as he controlled his urge to pull the (h/c) into a tight hug. How could no one but him notice her heartbreaking smile?

             The bluenette was so occupied with his concerns that he had carelessly left his wallet at school and was forced to travel back up the mountain to retrieve it.

              Opening the door, he was surprised to see the shorter female standing at the teacher's desk, fumbling as she tried to hide something.

              "(F/n)-san? Why are you still here?" His head tilted in confusion, his stare burned holes into the (h/c)'s skull as she chuckled nervously.

              "A-Ah, I had some business with Bitch-sensei. Do you know if she's still here?" The girl forcefully smiled once again, causing Nagisa to frown slightly.

"Well, she left right after the bell rang, humming about some kind of new shop opening up?" The boy gave a soft, reassuring smile, continuing, "But don't worry, she'll still be here tomorrow."

"Ah, thanks Nagisa-kun. Well, gotta run! M-My parents are waiting at home! See you tomorrow!" (F/n)'s voice had cracked slightly, and her face was burned into the taller male's mind before she ran out the door.

                 The bluenette grabbed his wallet and slowly walked downhill in a daze. He continued to think of her face, looking like she would start to cry had she stayed and talked any longer. His heart twisted in pain, unable to do anything until tomorrow.

~

                   (F/n) bit her lower lip as she entered her dark apartment, rubbing her eyes furiously in order not to cry. Using her fingers again, she pushed the corners of her mouth upward and forcefully smiled.

                   She walked through the empty space, all the way to her bedroom. Opening the door, the room was dark like always. She dropped her gun off on her desk before flopping onto her bed facedown.

                 'The deed must be delayed until tomorrow. But afterwards I can receive the pay and drop out of school. My next job will most likely come in about next week, so I'll have some time to spare... Just keep smiling and everything will be okay.' Her thoughts came to a halt as the (h/c) drifted off to sleep, a single tear rolling down her cheek.

~

                 Nagisa sighed, worried about (f/n). Her smiles have been even more heart-wrenching today as he frowned, deciding to secretly stay behind today and watch her. The time soon came, when the bell rang and everyone left, one by one.

                The bluenette watched (f/n) from outside through the open classroom window. The shorter female sighed and took the SIG P229 out, shocking the hidden boy.

Her finger brushed over the dent once again before placing it on the table. Taking her fingers, she pushed the corners of her mouth upwards into a heartbreaking smile. Putting her hands down, the smile remained as she stood up.

Nagisa couldn't take it anymore.

"Stop smiling like that!" His words startled the girl, yet her smile still remained as she tilted her head in confusion.

Nagisa hopped into the classroom and walked up to her, pulling her into a tight hug and causing her to blush.

"W-What do you mean, Nagisa-kun?" Her heart started beating quickly as her face heated up.

"(F/n)-san, you always smile like you're about to cry. What- OOF!" Before he could finish, the (h/c) roughly pushed him away, shaking her head rapidly. Holding his stomach in confusion, he opened his mouth again only to have it shut when she threw a notebook in his face.

"Why?" Her voice cracked as she somehow managed the question out. Nagisa felt regret as he saw her face, one that was seconds away from bursting into tears. She lunged forward and punched his chest, causing both of them to fall to the floor.

"O-Ow, (f/n)-san, w-" Before he could say anything else, the shorter female started to pound his chest as she screamed out, "Why did you have to say that?! Why did you have to see through the smile I've been working so hard on?! Of course it looks like I'm about to cry!! After all I've been through, I-!!"

Nagisa had grabbed her hands, but he couldn't control the tears that started to flow out. The girl started to cry louder, pulling her hands away to wipe away the tears, hoping they would stop. Nagisa sat up as he helplessly watched her break down, only able to pull her into a hug and gently rubbing her head.

The girl only sobbed louder as she whimpered out, "I'm not supposed to cry while on my job!! I was supposed to assassinate Bitch-sensei quickly and then drop out, moving away and preparing to kill a new target! I was never supposed to cry, not even when I was forced to watch them kill my parents in front of me!! So why?! Why did you have to say that?! Why did you have to break me completely?!" She started pounding on his chest again, trying to push him away.

Nagisa wouldn't budge though. He held her tightly as she continued sobbing deep into the night. He couldn't let her keep smiling the way she currently was; he had to make sure she would smile from the bottom of her heart from now on.

~~~

Ah, I tried an angst but it might be a bit confusing.

Ya see, reader is an assassin who watched her parents be killed in front of her, but she was never able to cry, scared she would end up dying as well. So in order to survive, she's been killing targets and Bitch-sensei was one of them, so she enrolled into the school to kill her. However, her smiles were always miserable, worrying Nagisa who only wanted to help. So Nagisa's words broke the wall that was keeping reader's tears in and of course, she breaks down and cries \o/

Idk, I wanted to write an angst, but as you can see, they're not my strong suit lmao //cant angst if my life depended on it. //jk yes i can just not this one lmao

Next up: ¯\_()_/¯