Part Nine: Media

Pro: We are starting to get more support when mentioned.
We aren't always talked about as an abomination anymore because of media.
Media helps many trans boys figure out that they are trans, because people in our households don't usually carry around pamphlets or something, although it would be funny if there was like a transgender erosion of the Jehovah's witnesses and we went door to door saying "Hi, would you be interested in hearing about sex confirming surgeries?? We have pictures..."

Cons:
Many times they speak of us in an 'other' way. Like we aren't actual people but more like the way straight girls used to think of gay men back when the whole gay best friend thing was trending.
A lot more people make those shows where there's a guy or girl who's supposed to be a comedian that is making jokes about transgender people and it's just like are you serious my nigga? I was having a nice time until you ruined it, I came here to have a good time and honestly I'm feeling so attacked right now.
I mean honestly I'm not gonna lie, I used to get more offended than a hardcore feminist would be while playing GTA, (no seriously, go watch it on buzzfeed.) but now I can laugh at some of them myself. I mean sure, the horrible ones still offend me, but I've since learned that you can't try to change the opinion of someone just because you disagree as well as the fact that one person's personal opinion can't affect me, especially since said person has likely never gotten to know an actual trans person. I mean if it was someone I personally knew saying crude things then I'd be upset but otherwise I don't really care and just laugh at the irony.
I've actually had two friends that didn't know I was trans and just thought I was a feminine guy. They're Jamaican and guys so they were asking a lot of questions because they thought it was weird at first but once I explained what being trans was they were back to normal (which is cool because before that they were really transphobic and it took literally less than 5 minutes to change their opinions because they knew me personally and before they hadn't known anything other than the television stereotypes.
Speaking of television stereotypes, they always put a cis male in a wig, a dress, and a shit ton of make up and casting them as a prostitute that's over dramatically ghetto and stupid and it's just like, you could always just cast an actual trans women and it's fine if they're a prostitute but don't make them the butt of a joke because they're, ya know, real people.

Well that does it for this one, tell me any other things you'd add to this if you wanna, and I hope you enjoyed :)
-Ty
S.N. MY IDOL RAZZBOWSKI LIKED MY TWEET YESTERDAY AND I AM STILL DYING OF HAPPINESS BECAUSE I LITERALLY LOVE HIM SO MUCH AND HOPE I GET TO MEET HIM ONE DAY BECAUSE HES RAD AS HELL AND I WANNA BE IRL FRIENDS WITH HIM!!