Personal: update/story thing

So today at lunch I had a conversation with a cis girl because she was trying to understand what being transgender is and how you feel as you're growing up, you know? And I told her how it felt and how it is for me. I also told her about pronouns, like how it sucks to be misgendered but you can't really get mad at someone for misgendering you unless they're doing it on purpose or you've told them and they make no effort to correct themselves, because I'd be an asshole to just get angry at someone for genuinely not knowing.
She also told me about how in her gym class there was this person that came into the girls locker room and looked feminine so she assumed they were feminine and went to compliment them on their hair but she added in 'I love when girls have short colored hair, it looks so good.' And the person got pissed and walked away and then later came back and said they got really offended by that because they aren't a girl, and in my opinion they definitely could've just corrected her and moved on instead of freaking out about it. But then again I do know that most people that just recently came out tend to be more offensive or passive about misgendering, and it's always a blow to our community when someone acts like that. If  cis people are the majority and you make most of them dislike you then we probably aren't gonna get too far. If I had responded in a rude way to the girl asking me about that stuff, she probably would've had a negative view on transgender people, whereas now he's more likely to just view us as regular people now that she's gotten to understand it a little more.

That's all, I just wanted to share that with you guys!
-Ty