Chapter 4

Everything was going so fast. I felt like I was made to break the rules. My heart was pumping and I felt free.

    "When you get there make sure to stand close. I will make my appearance and then you stay. Make sure if anyone follows, you get a photo. I'll have someone pick you up after." I was literally just a spy. I was nothing but a spy. Why was I so happy? I smiled and nodded as we pulled up to the house. I got out of the car and he drove away.

    Walking in, I had noticed that Bruce has a much bigger house than I thought. There were so many people there. I looked through the crowd to find him and once I did, I laid low. People complimented my dress, here and there. I took photos of Bruce talking to people every now and again.

    It wasn't until I noticed that he was speaking to no one that everything got weird. I tried to find some clue as to why he was doing this. When he turned I had noticed an earpiece and took some photos. That's when Joker came in.

    "Oh hello everyone!" People turned and fear struck through them, me as well to act the part. I got some photos of Bruce and he went up to Joker. "You need to leave. You were not invited." Joker laughed at Bruce's words and put his hands up. He looked over at me and winked. I smiled back, blushing. "Just thought I'd see a dashing one tonight." As he left, i did too. I know it was against what he said but Bruce had someone go to the doors and out.

    I wasn't quick enough to get the face but I did get the license plate. Score! Joker has a lead now. The car dashed away and I knew for sure that Joker would get away from him.

    The night air got cold as I waited for my ride. A black car came and stopped. Rolling down the window, I noticed it was one of Joker henchmen and got in. We were silent as we drove home. Once we did, I took the necklace off and went straight to the Joker who was sitting on a stool at his bar. I took the computer laying down and took the flash drive that was the clip of the necklace and placed it in the computer.

    "Okay unzip my dress, I can't breathe." He did as told and I began typing and waiting for things to load. As things came out of a printer on the other side of the room, I walked over, taking my dress off in the process.

    "I didn't get the mans face but, I did get some other things. Let me have your shirt please." The Joker was smiling and licking his lips as he took his shirt off for me to wear so I wasn't in just my bra and panties. I started sprawling out the pictures and he looked intently at them.

    "This is Bruce talking to an earpiece. The other man on the other side was seen walking out, which I got some photos of his back, after you left. He was also seen in this car which I have the license plate for." When I was done, he grabbed my face and kissed me. I pushed him off and he laughed his crazy laugh.

    "YOU, my Maya, are the best I have ever had. You're going to get me places, baby!" He took a shot and I smiled feeling very happy with my work and myself. I walked into his room and laid down thinking about the craziest day that I could have, and I loved it.

    His lips lingered on mine and I was blushing. There is no way I'm going to be able to stop myself from getting into his life. Even if I ran away, I'd come back. I liked him. A small, dainty, crush that made my heart warm. I needed to not fall in love with him. He was nothing but the man I worked for. Even if I have seen him naked and want to again. Also, he has kissed me and seen me half naked. To make it all better, he walks into his room and climbs in bed.

    "What are you doing?" I asked but still scooted over. "Well, my Maya, I figured you'd need someone to keep you nice and warm. Besides this is my bed and you are wearing my shirt and I am very cold." I nodded and turned away from him. I needed to stay safe and away from love. I heard his breathing slow down and I felt relaxed. For once he wasn't breathing fast or laughing and he didn't seem so evil. He was at his most vulnerable state and as much as I wanted to take advantage of that and cuddle up to him, part of me was scared he would hurt me, the other wasn't ready to get in my feelings. So, instead, I laid back and closed my eyes. Even if I failed to sleep.