Chapter 26

The edit of the girls are my edit and if you would like it, just message me or something and try to give me credit if you post it anywhere.

    A cat woke me up when it jumped onto my stomach. I was in some clothes I'd never seen and they smelled like a forest. The smell was enchanting and calming. My eyes wondered around the room and I saw Joker sitting on the ground next to me, his head laying on the couch by my body. There was light outside but there were dark curtains covering up the windows to tint the room. It was silent and I was worried that I couldn't hear. The sound of a feminine voice made me believe otherwise. The pain was mostly gone. There was a slight headache and my eyes were in pain. "How are you feeling, baby girl?" The green lady asked as she sat down. I scooted up and have noticed just how heavy my body was. Jokers head popped up and he went to his knees, holding onto my hand. I'm guessing he hadn't gotten a lot of sleep last night and I gripped onto his hand as tight as I could.

    Two other women popped out of a room and one wore all black sleepwear and the other wore some normal everyday clothing. I tried to talk but my voice was too hoarse and my throat was killing me. The lady that saved me last night went to the kitchen and started making something hot in the stove.

    Joker kissed my forehead and I looked to him, begging to say something even though I knew I couldn't. There's so much I have to say to you, my love.

    "Maya, I thought you were going to die." A tear spilled over his eye and I reached out to him to whip it off. The lady who was making something on the stove came in and handed me a cup.

    "This is some hot tea. You were screaming a lot yesterday so it seems very normal to not be able to speak. My name is Selina and this is Harley and Pamela. You're wearing Pamela's clothes." No wonder the women looked familiar. The women I had seen last night with white skin was Harley Quinn. I've heard so much about her. Not all good things really. I wasn't going to judge her, though, because she looks stable and a lot different than the photos I've seen. I smiled and Pamela spoke up.

    "Last night I made you a thick kind of drink, I guess you could say." My face scrunched up as I remembered the taste. "Yeah, I know, not cherry flavored. The chemical was used before because of your good man Joker here. He used it on people in the past and I've learned how to create a counteracting drink to stop the symptoms." Pamela sent a look of longing in her eyes and I smiled weakly. "You're going to be okay." I nodded to her as Joker stood me up.

    "Can I use your tub?" Joker asked Selina and she happily nodded. Harley sent me a calming smile as we walked by. Joker started the tub and I looked at myself in the mirror. My purple hair was everywhere and my brown eyes were red with blood vessels popped all through them. There were bruises across my body where the straps had been holding me down too tightly. I looked pale compared to my tan skin and the sight was purely disgusting. Joker noticed I was looking at myself and sighed. My body was turned to face him and he kissed me gently. "You, my Maya, are beautiful. You may not think so at the moment but you've gone through a lot." All I could do is nod and he helped me take my clothing off. My body ached and I winced as I lifted my arms up and had to stable myself on Jokers shoulder so he could take the shorts and panties off. He turned to stop the bath that was running and then took my hand, helping me in.

      I'd turned my body against him as he told me to, then he rolled up his sleeves to start getting my body wet. The water slowly started getting light pink as dried blood that was on my body had finally started coming off. The thoughts and memories of last night started to make me shake and cry a little. Joker continued washing me and I could hear his heavy breathing. He slowly turned my body, never letting his eyes leave mine, to be able to go under water and wet my hair. Once he was done washing and rinsing it, I got out and he put a towel around my body. The water was red and brown and I never noticed just how dirty I had been.

      We came out of the bathroom once I was clothed and went out to the girls. They all stopped their chatter and looked at us with smiles. Harley got up and walked over to me, hugging me tightly. I hugged her back and noticed how tense Joker had become.

      Everyone sat at the table in the apartment kitchen and Selina poured me some more hot tea. I accepted it dearly and started sipping.

      "Today Joker is going to go out and around to find a new place for you guys to stay. I have some people who will move your old things in. While he's out today, you'll be staying with us." I nodded to her and appreciated everything they had done for me. A hand was placed on the small of my back and I turned to Joker. His eyes were dark and wide and passionate all at once and it made me sad to know it was all caused by me.

      "I won't be gone forever, my Maya. Nothing bad will happen to you while you're with these girls." He brought me close to him and the feeling I got from his touch made everything seem so much better. The pain I felt last night was now gone and the bad explosions were now traded in for amazing explosions of love and longing for the touch of the beautiful man that I could call mine. We pulled apart and I saw that he had some cash and put it out on the table.

      "I ordered some food that I knew she liked and also some for everyone else. Hopefully you like it and if not.... there's enough money to order some more. Please keep her safe." The girls nodded to Jokers concerned face and he gave me one last long kiss to my head before he left.