4

I rode with Shane for a day, but once we stopped, we all rearranged. I slid in with Carl, Rick, Lori, Carol, and Sophia.

Every stop we made, Glenn stayed in the RV. He doesn't even know I'm alive. It'll be interesting when he has to get out.

We've been low on food, water, weapons, and safety. We haven't had a place to safely rest since the CDC. I sleep in the car, while Rick drives, Lori rides passenger, Sophia and Carol sit in the back with me, and Carl sat on my lap.

The car had an awkward silence, so I broke it.

"What's up, Rick?" I asked the driver of the car.

"Just thinking about our trip to the Grand Canyon with Carl." He laughed to himself.

"I don't remember that." Carl thought back.

Lori added herself inti the conversation, "No, you wouldn't. You were just a baby. Besides, we never made it past Fort Worth."

"No, you got sick. I never knew a baby could throw up so much." Rick laughed yet again.

"Ick." Carl interjected.

"Yeah, ick." I giggled.

"The doctor in Texas said you'd live. Then we turned around and drove home."

Carl frowned at himself, "That sucks."

"No, it was a good trip. The best."

"Can we go see it? The Grand Canyon? I'd like to." Carl asked, hopeful.

Sophia then added in, "I would too. Can we go?" She spoke about herself and her mom.

"We'd never go without you and your mom." Rick stated.

"And Cory?" Carl asked, jumping in his seat a little, "Could she go?"

"We wouldn't even think about going without her."

Rick glanced at me through the mirror, smiling.

He then looked ahead, where everyone had to take a stop. I was directed to ride with Daryl, on his brother's motorcycle, and we hit the highway again.

GLENN'S POV

I felt the RV stop, and heard Daryl's motorcycle drove passed. The RV door opened, I assumed, considering I still hadn't lifted my head from the table.

"Daryl, you see any ways to get through?" Dale asked.

We must be trapped on a highway.

"No, what about you?" Daryl spoke, I assume to another member.

"Nothin." A girl's redneck accent said.

Did we get a new member at some point?

"Alright," Rick clapped his hands, "T, you and Daryl go south. Dale, work with Glenn on the RV if he feels up to it. Shane, you and Cory go west."

Cory? I looked up for the first time in days. The brightness blinded me for a moment, before I looked out the window and saw her. Cory. She was still alive.

I didn't know what to do. Usually, people would be pissed, mad that she would hurt someone internally like she did to me. But I was too overjoyed.

I jumped from my seat across from Andrea, and slowly creaked down the steps to the highway's pavement.

I looked down at my feet, afraid that my eyes deceived me, then my eyes slowly rose to hers.

When I looked up, I realized I had seen correctly.