23

CORY'S POV

A prisoner with long, black hair pointed a gun at us all. I automatically gave him a hard glare, hoping to frighten him. He didn't budge.

"Congrats, you've been pardoned by the state of Georgia. You're free ta go." Daryl snarled from across the room.

I watched as the prisoner and Daryl began arguing. I rolled my eyes as Rick walked in and joined the fight.

I had to get away from this. From Daryl, and Rick, and all the haunting memories. Shane was tearing his way through my body. Right now, I couldn't take anything. I needed to cry, but I needed to do it alone.

I turned, my hair whipping with my body, and ran to my cell as fast as I could. I didn't know why I was suddenly so upset.

I entered my cell and took a look at everything. I grabbed my duffel bag and shoved my tablet, weapons, and Shane's hat into it. Then I slung it over my shoulder and sauntered to the row of cells. I set down my bag, and walked down the stairs.

T, Daryl, Rick, and the prisoners were gone. The rest of the group was in the 'medical cell', fixing Hershel.

I casually made my way over to the group of girls, with the exception of Glenn, Carl, and unconscious Hershel. I looked at Glenn.

"Where'd the other's go?"

Glenn glanced at my wrist, then my lip. "More important, what happened to you?"

"I was... writing... and bit my lip too hard. It started bleeding, and I got it on my wrist. No big deal."

He nodded, and looked at the concrete floor. "They went with the prisoners to get something. But don't even think about-"

I didn't stick around to let him finish the sentence. I hauled ass up the stairs and rummaged through my bag, grabbed Merle's brown knife, and my gun. I stuck them in my belt, and ran back down the stairs.

"CJ, don't even-"

I ran into the main room, then exited through the doors, into the corridor of the prison that would surely get me killed someday.

I ran down a hallway, coming face to face with a geek. I shrieked, shoving it out of my way. It stumbled to the floor, and I smashed my heel through its forehead. An ass ton of gore flew up on my leg, but I kept running, unfazed.

All of a sudden, I heard something slam from a room near me. I ran to it, and opened the door to see the prisoners, along with Rick, T, and Daryl.

They turned to me, and Daryl had the nastiest look on his face, or the most pissed. One of the two.

I shrugged him off and walked into the room more, trying to view the situation. Rick looked at me with an upset look, basically telling me to fuck off.

I didn't understand what happened that everyone suddenly hated me. Was it because I ran out of the guard tower? That had to be it.

I came into view of everyone, including the prisoners. The one with the long hair looked at me as I spoke.

"What the fuck is going on?" I questioned, observing the situation.

"Damn, you got a mouth on you." The long haired one said. He walked past everyone toward me. "I'm Thomas. And you are?"

"None of your business who I am." I glared. He shrugged and got closer to me, biting his lip.

His finger traced my arm where a tattoo from long ago was, the tattoo was fading away. I gagged a little, and elbowed him lightly, telling him to get off of me. He didn't take the hint.