19

CORY'S POV

Daryl tried to hold me back from running to get Shane and Rick, who were still missing. When I realized I wouldn't be able to get them, I gave up. And I usually don't give up.

We all sat in the living room, except for Lori who was upstairs. We were mostly scared for the two men, but I was probably the only one worried for Shane. No one else here even cared much for him anymore. Not even Lori.

I was staring out the window, watching around the perimeter of the woods, hoping to see Shane and Rick returning. But nothing happened. I just saw an ass ton of geeks walking toward the house, and two figures running to the barn.

Then I realized, a herd... and Rick and Shane... "HOLY SHIT!"

"Hey, no cussing in the house!" Patricia yelled at me, but I didn't remember ever hearing that as a rule.

"Right now isn't the time to correct me, we're all gonna be dead in a few seconds." I muttered, "Guys, look..."

No one rushed to the window, they all just walked slowly. Before anyone saw anything, the barn went up in flames.

"HOLY SHIT!" I snapped once again. This time, everyone ran over to see what the swearing was about.

They all gasped, and started running around in a panicked frenzy, going to grab guns and to hold loved ones. Hershel yelled at Jimmy to get the RV and try to rescue anyone. Lori ran downstairs.

"Carl's actually gone this time! He's not in the house!" Lori was truly concerned about her child.

"Maybe he went off to find Rick and Shane, or maybe he set the fire himself!" Carol yelled, trying to calm her down.

Meanwhile, I took off to my tent, and grabbed my tablet and pens. Then I ran off behind Jimmy to see if it was Shane and Rick who had made it. I hoped with all of my heart it was.

I slowed down as Jimmy did. I climbed up the ladder on the RV, just in time to meet Rick and Carl climbing onto the roof. I sighed with relief, not even thinking about anything.

"Come on, we gotta go!" I shouted to them over all the moans and growls.

We climbed down the ladder one by one, myself going last. I stepped down to the second rung, but the ladder broke and I fell on my ankle.

"Shit! Cory!" Rick screamed, helping me up.

I began running with a limp after Carl, toward the farmhouse. My plan was to get everyone not the RV, but that plan was cut short when Jimmy shrieked. I turned back in time to see his body being ripped to shambles by geeks. Poor Beth.

We finally reached the farmhouse, but by the time we got there, I was to late to see most of the people had left. I pulled out my gun, realizing I hadn't yet.

Hershel was using his shotgun to shoot a ton of the dead that were approaching the house. One came up behind him, and I pulled the trigger just in time to see it's brains splatter out onto the back of Hershel's white hair.

"HERSHEL! IT'S GONE!" Rick yelled over all the commotion.

Hershel kept shooting, so Rick and I jogged over to him, dragging him with us back to a vehicle.

We forced Hershel into the passenger seat, and Carl and I hopped into the back. Rick got in the driver's seat, and rolled down the windows. Hershel and I used our guns to shoot any geeks that stood in front of the vehicle, then Rick rolled back up the windows and drove as fast as he could off of the farm.

My heart was pounding out of my chest, my mind racing about all the others. Who lived? Who got ripped away from us?

"Did anyone see Lori?" Rick asked, mainly directing the question to Hershel and I.