15

CORY'S POV

I woke up (keeping my eyes closed) to the sound of howling, and the wind blowing on trees. I smiled. For once, I felt peaceful.

I opened my eyes, but I could hardly see anything. It was still night time. I didn't remember what woke me up either.

Yesterday, after I came home from the ride, I gave the keys to Daryl, and went straight to bed. I didn't talk to anyone. And I realize now, I haven't spoken to Carl in awhile.

I got up, exiting my tent. I looked around at the darkness, happy to be the only one awake. I was still in my pajamas. And I had on a necklace I had found last night. When I went to the highway, I was raiding cars, and I found a necklace in one of the glove boxes. It was the sun, with diamonds in it.

I walked up to the continuously burning fire, attempting to warm myself. It didn't really work as well as I wanted it to. I was still freezing.

Suddenly, I was startled be a pair of arms wrapping around me. I turned around, seeing Glenn.

"My god, man! You scared me!" I whisper-yelled.

"Sorry." He chuckled a slight bit, "I guess now would be a good time to tell you."

"To tell me what?" I asked, confused as fuck. I looked into his sweet eyes, and he sighed.

"Maggie and I are together."

I didn't know what to say. I stuttered and stammered with my words, not sure in what was I felt. I couldn't tell if I was upset or not. If I was mad, I wouldn't be sure why. If I was sad, I would understand. If I was confused, I would understand that too. I mean, I always thought Glenn was a solo type of person.

"Oh..." I muttered, "Okay." I tried to perk up.

"So. Why are you awake?"

I shrugged, "It's hard to sleep when you have to think about your best friend being dead."

He nodded, "I'm really sorry about Merle. And everyone you've lost."

"Same. But haven't we all lost people?"

He agreed, "We even lost Otis, that man who shot you."

I bit my lip. Otis, the man who shot me, put my life in danger, then saved it. I'm honestly not sure whether I'd thank him for saving me, or if I'd scream at him for almost shooting Carl, then thank him.

"Otis... I hope he's in heaven..." I whispered. Glenn nodded.

I could feel the awkwardness. I had to do something. "So, you and Maggie..."

"Yea... uh... so you and... yourself..." Glenn looked around, afraid to meet my gaze.

"Yea. I plan to die alone." I laughed.

"Don't be so sure. I thought I was too." Glenn said, "Shane, Daryl, T, they're all single." He stood, "Night."

"Shuddup... I know... Why is everyone on me about my relationship?" I asked, jokingly.

"No one should die alone, Cory."

With that, he walked away, leaving me to my head. I decided to just go to sleep.

*

When I felt sun on my eyes, I sat up in my tent. I dressed quickly, putting on my shorts and a grey sports bra. I pulled my hair up, and walked out, seeing an odd scene.

Shane was handing out guns, Hershel, Rick, Dale, and Jimmy weren't here, and Carl looked terrified.

"You with me, man?" Shane asked, getting a gun out for Daryl.