24

CORY'S POV

I only knew one way to explain the happenings from yesterday. Seeing Shane, hearing him, needing him, I knew what was happening. I knew the only explanation.

I was going insane. Without Shane, I had nothing left except for Daryl. Daryl complicated everything though.

I could've just grew to be insane, imagining Shane everywhere, having feelings for a man who had died, I would've been fine. But Daryl just interfered with it. Feelings started growing for him, and he became everything to me, and honestly, I wish it wouldn't have happened.

If Daryl would've been just a friend to me, things would be easier. I needed to make up my mind, Shane or Daryl. That was my main problem, other than the actual problem, like the geeks, or Hershel's leg and Lori's pregnancy.

But my point, I just wanted to be deeply in love with one person. And when the opportunity came, Daryl ruined it completely. Dammit! Ugh, everything was just sickening, and stressful.

Carol should just take Daryl, and I'll die alone, and I'll get to see Shane in heaven. Then Rick and Lori get a baby, and problem solved.

There, problem solved. I made up my mind, I choose Shane.

But then why was Daryl ignoring me like that? He looked at my once when they came back with Hershel, and since then, he just looked like he hated me. It made no sense.

Sitting in my cell had reminded me of the times when I'd sit in my tent at the farm, and I could never go a single day without someone entering. For instance, Rick had come to visit me twice today. I had ignored him completely.

The only difference between sitting in my cell and sitting in my tent was that in my tent, I'd see Shane for real, instead here I kept seeing a hallucination of him everytime I turned my eyes. But it felt more real than just imagining it.

Daryl was at his 'room' area, the corner next to the stairs. Laying in my bed, every so often I'd look over at him and catch him looking at me. Neither of us would look away, so we'd just be sitting there, staring at each other.

Daryl got up, and walked downstairs. The whole prison was completely silent. I stood and followed behind at a large distance, seeing no one was in the prison at all.

I walked down the hall, Daryl yards in front of me, and we exited the prison at two different times.

Everyone was outside, including two prisoners that I learned to be Axel and Oscar. From what I heard, the other 3 prisoners had died during the time I was out hallucinating about Shane.

Everyone was laughing, having a good time. Rick seemed less stressed while he talked to Glenn and Daryl, who had just entered the conversation.

I walked to where Axel and Oscar were, deciding to try and make friends with the two of them. They seemed a lot nicer than Thomas, who definitely deserved his death.

I stood next to Axel, the mustache guy. He smiled to me. "Hello M'am."

I nodded to them. "Hello. I'm Cory."

Oscar laughed a little. "So that's your name. Thomas was calling you sexy since he saw you the first time in your cell block."

I pursed my lips, smiling a bit. "I'm sorry about Thomas, and Big Tiny..."

Axel responded. "Big Tiny was my friend, but Thomas deserved to die, for the reason he was in jail, and everything he did since."

I wasn't sure how to respond. But I didn't have much of a choice on whether or not I responded, because I saw someone behind Axel.