26

CORY'S POV

After an abruption in the main room of the prison, I finally woke up. I rushed down the stairs, into the area that everyone else stood. I saw Glenn and Maggie gearing up, I assume to go on a run or something.

"Whats going on?" I asked, leaning against the concrete wall.

Rick turned over to look at me. And then I remembered, Rick had been throughout the prison for awhile, and this was probably the first he's been back in here since... Lori died and the baby was born.

Rick smiled slightly, probably happy to see I wasn't too upset. "Maggie and Glenn are gonna go look for formula. Daryl's gonna try and search for Carol too."

I nodded lightly, grimacing at the name Carol. "Sounds like a plan."

I looked around to see who was awake. Daryl and Carl seemed to be the only one's not here. Either Daryl left already, or I didn't see him sleeping in his bed.

"As for the rest of us, we're gonna keep getting comfy around here. This prison is ours, and it's staying that way. We may have lost people on the way to getting a safe place, but I'm sure those people would be proud of how far we got." Rick sighed, looking down. "Lori would be proud of us. Dale, Jacqui... they'd be especially proud. And if Shane could see us kicking ass... My point is... we made it so far. This prison is ours."

I wasn't expecting a speech so early in the day, but it was nice... up until he mentioned the people we lost. I had done well at ignoring the empty feeling each of them left, other than Shane of course, and he just kinda ruined my streak with that.

But I ignored the empty feeling, and walked up to Rick as the group dispersed.

"Hey... you alright?" I asked, pressing my lips together.

He shrugged, "About as good as I look."

I giggled a little, remembering the day Daryl got shot by Andrea, and I asked him how he felt. He said the same exact thing.

"Funny, Daryl said the same thing back at the farm."

He laughed a little too, then had a confused look on his face. "What's going on between you and Daryl?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, unaware of what he meant. I mean, there was something... but I didn't do anything in front of the group that would tell them... other than kiss his cheek... Dammit!

"What are you talking about?" I pretended that I didn't have a clue, but I knew exactly what he meant.

He chuckled, knowing I was acting. "Sunshine, you kissed his cheek. And on top of that, Glenn heard you talking to him last night. He heard Daryl's pure concern for you. And he never cared about anyone except Merle before you showed up. That tells me that there's something."

I shook my head, objecting against the statement he made. "We knew each other before this, and it just different between us."

"Yea... okay." He shook his head, a smile on his face.

I glared playfully, and turned around, heading up the stairs to my cell. Walsh was still asleep on my bed somehow, a light snore filling the quietness of my cell itself.

I had no idea what to do. I didn't wanna stay home. This is where I hallucinate, where Lori, T, and other people died, and where I realized my deepest fear, I was in love with two men, one being dead, and the other my best friend.

Man, I was such a fuck up. How so you decide that you love a man the same day he dies, and then start to love another man at the same time. But I think I made up my mind, I really loved Shane, and I was sure my feelings were leaning toward him.