16

CORY'S POV

After finally leaving the tent, and hugging Carol, I could safely say that I was okay to stay out for awhile. As long as I didn't talk to Shane.

I was sitting there. Glenn was inside, and Daryl was at his camp. I decided to go see Glenn first, just get him out of the way while I was here.

I stepped out of the fire portion of camp, and walked onto the porch. I heard someone clear their throat as I raised my foot to take another step. I looked over, seeing the one person I didn't want to see right now. I quickly turned my head.

"Darlin, look here... look at me. And not my forehead. Or my eyebrows. Or my nose. Look into my eyes."

I refused to turn my head, so he stood, and took a few steps. I winced, getting ready to be hit, like everytime I disobeyed my father.

I turned and looked at Shane when the spa didn't come. His hands weren't up to hit me, they were actually around my hands.

I shook his hands off of mine, turning to look away. "Don't touch me."

"You're scared of me... I know." He whispered, coming in behind me. "But you don't need to be. I'm just trying to protect the group. Mostly you."

My heart fluttered, but I also sensed tears coming. I turned around, "I know. I'm sorry. But I need to talk to Daryl and Glenn quickly. Then we can talk."

He nodded, and just walked away, so I walked inside. Glenn was in the kitchen with Beth and Patricia, so I walked in.

"Hey, Glenn, I just wanted to let you know that I'm okay. And hello, Patricia, and Beth."

As soon as I said "Beth", she dropped to the floor. I felt my breath hitch in my throat. I ran out, looking for Hershel.

"Hershel!" I yelled, running around.

Rick found me, "What's going on?"

"Beth collapsed, and Hershel is MIA." I said, panicked.

Rick nodded, "I'll search the house, you go check the barn."

I nodded, and we parted. I ran to the barn, checking the top loft, then around the bottom floor. I didn't see a single white hair anywhere.

I ran back up to the house just as Rick came out. He was holding a flask in his hand. "I think he's visiting an old friend."

*

Rick and Glenn were packed up, and they were planning to leave soon. Lori was freaking, not wanting him to leave. Honestly, I wanted Santa back at the farm. It's weird when the owner of the house isn't home.

Rick and I made eye contact, so I stepped up to where he sat in the truck. He looked at me, "Watch Shane, make sure he doesn't fuck anything else up."

I smirked, "He won't. Don't worry." I breathed in, and decided to ask Rick for something, "And if you see a tablet or something, and pens, will you grab them?"

"Yea, I'll grab anything I see." He said, smiling. Then it turned into a frown, "I swear sunshine, Shane's turning evil."

I winced for two reasons. One of which was the evil thing, which the leader of the other camp I was at, well he was pretty much Satan. The other one was him calling me sunshine. The leader called me that all the time too.

"No one's evil. Just misunderstood."

I took that moment to walk away before I started crying. I went to my tent, and as I heard the truck pull out, I started thinking of my old camp.