21

CORY'S POV

The fence rattled as Daryl and Glenn cut part of it open, enough for everyone to climb through. One by one, we came to the half way point in between the walls, and Rick climbed through. I followed behind him, as Glenn and Daryl held the fence open.

Glenn began to cut the second one as Daryl tied the first fence together with strong wire. Then Daryl assisted him, but they didn't hold the fence open, instead they just let it hang open.

Rick began to go over the plan. I went along with everything he said now, I didn't have the option of siding with Shane anymore.

"Maggie, Beth, Lori, Carl, and T-Dog, draw the walkers toward the fence and kill them. Hershel, Carol, take this left guard tower." He pointed to the tall standing building next to us. Then he looked at Daryl, "You, Glenn, and Cory take the other guard tower. I'll run for the other gate, shut it, and get to the guard tower over there."

Like I said, I've been agreeing on everything... except stuff like this. And Glenn didn't agree either. "I'll go, I'm faster."

I facepalmed at Glenn's inability to reason with Rick. "I'll go, I can dodge, and I got nothing to live for anyway."

I heard Daryl scoff from behind me, obviously hurt that I didn't tell them I cared for him. He knew, but I didn't think he would want anyone to know we cared about each other now.

I looked over my shoulder slightly, seeing him starting for the guard tower. He obviously had enough of this today. And by this, I mean he had enough of our crazy mixed up friendship.

When I first showed up, I didn't even know it was Daryl. Then I got shot, and I forgot again. When he reminded me, I was the most shocked person in the world. I forgot a lot when I was shot by that man Otis.

Now, Daryl and I are stuck together constantly like Rick had done with Shane and I back after the CDC. Rick paired Shane and I because we didn't talk. I guess he did that with Daryl and I because our relationship went downhill after the whole Randall incident.

"I have nothing left, no one..." I continued with a tiny, nonchalant smirk on my face, "EXCEPT for Daryl."

I glanced over my shoulder again, seeing Daryl's face light up the tiniest bit, and Carol rolled her eyes. I honestly think she developed feelings for him when he was searching for Sophia, but she needs to get over it. Daryl doesn't date. And I say that for her sake.

"Rick..." I continued, whispering, because he still wasn't convinced, and I didn't want anyone to hear the next part. "You have a family, a baby that is all yours." I have Daryl, and he'll get over me eventually. I had Merle, and I had Shane, but not anymore."

He had guilt on his face everytime I mentioned Shane. I thinks that's why he gave in. "Fine. But you're only going if I go with you."

I grinned, knowing I had won this argument.

Rick began sending everyone to their posts. He switched it up, so now Glenn would be with the girls, and T at the fence, Carl would be with Hershel, and Carol was moved to go with Daryl.

Glenn and Lori held open the fence now, and Lori shared a look with Rick. Their relationship was falling apart, and I could tell.

Everyone was at their posts, and I looked at Daryl up in the guard tower, who watched me back. I pressed my lips together, and then glanced over at Carl.

Carl was watching both his father and I with a confident look on his face. He knew we could do this. I turned a bit to T-Dog.

T looked back at me, worried. He probably had faith in Rick and I, but I would never ask him to not be worried about us. After all, he was the first friend I made here.