9

CORY'S POV

It was early in the morning, everyone was asleep. At least mostly everyone.

I had already decided on taking a few of the pills with me, and I loaf of bread, along with a few bottles of water. But then I would only take what was mine after that, plus the guitar.

I had everything packed into one bag. I started walking toward the woods. Daryl had his own camp set up near the woods, right where the woods and field meet. I quickly walked past it, into the forest. Hopefully he wasn't awake.

I crunched leaves with my boots, stabbed occasional walker with my knife, and swung my bat at a few more. I didn't plan to use my gun at all, unless there was a huge herd.

I walked in the opposite direction of the highway. I didn't want to see them again. I didn't want to because I couldn't. I just wanted to stay away. I can't stand to be near Shane or Glenn or even Carl. I don't belong here. And the sooner I leave, the less it'll hurt them.

I can't stay. I'm not part of that group. I was always meant to be alone. Since that one day, I knew I was always supposed to be alone.

The point is, I had to go. I'm sure not everyone wanted me to stay anyway. I'm sure that none of them wanted me there.

I decided to head for a house to stay at. I was still in the woods, but I figured I would eventually cross a house or something along those lines.

I came across a few small ponds, so I decided I would eventually go back and bathe or something. But I was gonna keep walking until I found a place to set up camp.

I could tell I was gonna be bored, but not bored at the same time. Im just kinda walking around, but I also gotta look around.

What was I gonna do for all that time? Oh, I could sing I guess.

Well, the song from last night reminded me of Merle. His and Daryl's dad was abusive. They went through some shit. I only met them because I met Daryl in highschool in the guidance counselor's room, when he had a black eye, and he was pretty much forced to share his life story with me. Then I went to his house and met Merle. I was only 16 then.

So that's kind of Merle and Daryl's song. But Shane and Glenn don't really have a song yet. I only listen to country. So... I don't know. There's Sparks Fly by Taylor Swift, but the lyrics say green eyes. I don't know... Shane and Glenn both have brown eyes. Carl and Rick have blue eyes.

The song Crazier could work could work. The lyrics say,

"I've never gone with the wind, just let it flow
Let it take me where it wants to go
Til you opened the door, there's so much more
I've never seen it before
I was trying to fly but I couldn't find wings
But you came along and you changed everything

You lift my feet off the ground
You spin me around
You make me crazier crazier
Feels like I'm falling in love and I'm lost in your eyes
You make me crazier crazier crazier."

Then there's more to it. I guess those lyrics make me think of Shane. Because he literally picked me off the ground and took me to the farm. Well I just took beautiful lyrics and made them literal.

All I need is Glenn's song.

*

After walking for another few hours, I realized that everyone was offically awake. No one would still be asleep. Which means everyone knows I'm gone.

I know that if I ever see Shane again, I'll never be able to look into his eyes. He'll probably hate me. He just told me not to scare him like that ever again, and I did on purpose.