29 (ALTERNATE ENDING)

CORY'S POV

We soon stopped on the side of the road for some unknown reason. It was actually most likely about Merle. I mean, he did beat Glenn and shit.

There was another small issue too. Uh, Merle. And he's back, and this is fucking confusing. Why wouldn't anyone tell me he possibly survived?

Now we all stood in the woods, pointing guns at each other. Daryl glared at Glenn, Glenn had one pointed at Michonne, Michonne pointed her katana at Merle, Maggie held her pistol at Merle also, Rick was single-handing a gun in Michonne's face, and Merle held his hands up in defense. I just watched it go down.

"He isn't coming back with us!" Glenn protested, a glare on his face. He also had bruises and cuts, caused by Merle.

Daryl couldn't look more torn. That's his brother, but then we're his family also. I don't understand how we could just make Daryl go through this. "You can't just make him leave."

"Rick made Shane leave, he can do it to Merle." Glenn argued back.

You had to bring that up, dude? Shane's not the problem here!

Merle began rumbling on, insulting them with words that were barely audible by the way he mumbled, until Rick all of a sudden smacked him with his gun and knocked him out cold. I felt no concern for Merle at all, it wouldn't be the worst thing he went through in his lifetime.

Rick sighed, "He can't come back with us."

It didn't hit me until now, but this is Merle that's on the line. My best friend, my only true friend before this, the one who saved me multiple times. I thought he was dead for so long, and now I just suddenly find out he's alive. And Rick's making him leave.

"If he goes, I go." I state in a simple manner.

All eyes turned to me. Glenn immediately went pale, realizing the possibility of losing one of his best friends. But that was a consequence of Merle leaving.

"No, Sunshine... you can't leave. You need to go back to the prison and-" I cut Rick off.

"Judith will be fine. You're there. Carol can help, and Beth. I can't leave Merle, not now." I mumbled.

Maggie tilted her head at me in a way, perhaps hoping that I was just kidding. But it was no joke.

"CJ, you don't have to do this." Glenn added to the conversation.

I nodded, "Yea I do. I can't let Merle out on his own."

Daryl had a look like he was thinking, but it went away and he spoke. "He wouldn't be alone. I'm going with him."

Daryl can't go with Merle, he's extremely important to this group. I understand why he'd want to, but he just can't.

"No, you aren't. You're staying." I demanded.

Merle began sitting up, rubbing his head. Daryl went unfazed by this and continued arguing.

He chuckled, "Like I'd listen to you after all these years."

I almost snorted at that, "You've listened to me on multiple occasions."

He glared at me, as if to shush me. I shook my head at him.

Merle stood now, "Damn, Blondie's got ya whipped, little brother."

He turned his glare toward Merle now, "That's a damn lie!"

He chuckled, "Whaddeva you say, Darlina."

Daryl scoffed at the use of the nickname. He crossed his arms. "Whatever, I'm still going with Merle."