Chapter 1: Nerd By Day

Hey guys!! 

Chapter 38 of the rewritten Hardly A Hero is now up on my new account 'aprilismissingagain'

It would mean the world to me if you could check out the new, rewritten version of the book, I promise it's got a lot more action, romance, wit and drama ( + more mature themes, too)! Not to mention, my writing has improved significantly since 4 years ago! 

In case you were wondering, I will be deleting the original once the rewritten version is fully completed and published.

I'm grateful for every vote, comment and message I have had as a result of this story and I'm so so sorry if I didn't get back to you during my hiatus. 

Love you guys!

- April 

NEW ACCOUNT NAME - aprilismissingagain

<><><><><><>

"I need a favour."

Just as I was about to set foot out of the school building with my earphones in and the glorious weekend ahead of me, my best friend Jazmine pulled me to the side with a panicked look plastered on her face.

"What's wrong?" I questioned, yanking out my earphones and disconnecting myself from the sweet music of Imagine Dragons.

"It's Justin. He hurt my brother again, he's got a black eye and everything, I don't know what to do!" She panicked, gaining a couple of curious stares from the students that rushed by us and out into the car park.

Jazmine's little brother Miles was prone to bullies, he attracted them like a moth to a flame. Fortunately for her, she was aware of my, well, abilities and she didn't fail to use them to her advantage when the situation called for it. Not that I minded.

"I'll deal with him tonight." I replied cooly, pulling a sad smile. "Text me the address."

Jazmine was the brains behind all of my plans and schemes. She was the Felicity to my Oliver, without the love story. It would take her mere seconds to get the address for one of Miles' biggest bullies, Justin Matthews, so the trip would be short and easy.

She thanked me and wiped the budding tears from under her eyes before disappearing off into the crowd of sweaty, desperate teenagers as they buzzed out of the double doors, ready to do whatever a normal teenager would do on a Friday night.

<><><><><><>

Most teenagers would head home after a long, exhausting day at school. I, on the other hand, would head to my very own special headquarters.

Well, if you would consider my garage a sufficient headquarters then that's what it was.

You'd think that a garage would be quite an obvious HQ for somewhere that is supposed to be top secret, but the one round the back of my house really wasn't. It was hidden behind a maze of bushes and overgrown shrubs with several broken and hazardous trees in the way. Not to mention the fact that the door was sealed with the largest and most expensive padlock I could find at the hardware store.

I had dreamed about having a HQ with state of the art technology and expensive equipment and, to be honest, I'm wasn't that far off.

I considered myself an anti-hero, or anti-villain, whichever way you see it. (It's sort of like the glass half full, half empty thing, except with superhumans.) I did things with my powers when whatever it benefited me or someone I love. Hence, Jazmine taking advantage of it.