Chapter 5: Deadpool is Red, Nightwing is Blue...

"And again."

I yawned. It was too early in the morning to be doing any sort of physical movement that didn't include adjusting the pillows underneath my head.

Ben was currently bolting around the track behind the abandoned army base. Fortunately, training soldiers included intense cardio exercise so the track came along with the rest of the building. If it didn't, well, I probably would have constructed one out of sticks and spray paint.

Ben ran a one more lap before coming to a halt in front of me.

"It would be nice if you could run with me too." He raised himself up from where he was resting his hands on his knees and gave me a smirk that sent my thoughts running wild.

"I prefer to do it alone. Time for some control training, pretty boy."

I skipped back inside while Ben tailed behind in exhaustion. I was paranoid that my voice modifier was going to break or fall off, but even if it did, the guy had heard me speak ten words max without it.

"So, how do we do this?"

I walked over to my laptop (which had been heavily refurbished in case Ben went peaking for identity secrets) and opened up the images I had saved earlier.

"Do your thing, flame boy."

"That's not my name." He moaned. "Plus, I can't."

I put a hand on my hip. "Why not?"

"Because I don't want to burn off my clothes!"

I raised an eyebrow.

Well....

"Look, I was wearing this fancy fire protection clothing on the roof that I bought on eBay and it only worked once. You have to help me get some sort of fabric that won't leave me naked!"

"Okay! Okay!" I placed my hands on my hips. "I think I know someone who might be able to help."

<><><><><><>

"Sebastian!"

I pounded on the door. The building was a University dorm, believe it or not. From what I knew, Seb spent his days either in lectures or designing some new piece of equipment that I could use from inside his dorm room.

He didn't know I had any sort of powers and I led him to believe that the disguise I wore as Red Hawk was a cosplay for Comic Con. The rest of the high-tech equipment he designed for me seemed to give him the impression that I was a hardcore fan of superheroes to the point I wanted to replicate their tech. To be honest, I was quite proud of how long I had managed to keep my secret under lock and key with him. With all the money that I gave him, I didn't think he cared who I was when I put on that mask.

A group of boys walked down the hallway and one of them caught my eye. He stretched out his arm towards me. Well, a part of me, if you get what I'm saying.

I twisted around, grabbing his wrist aggressively with my right hand and yanking it down hard. He cried out in pain, a sound of sweet harmony to my ears.

"South of the equator is off limits, creep."

He yanked his arm away, his mates guffawing and I smiled to myself.

Turning around, Sebastian leaned against the doorway, his crooked glasses framing his thin face.

"Ah, still making the boys cry I see." He chuckled and I gave him a proud look. "So, what does my favourite client need now?"

<><><><><><>

"You actually managed to get me a disguise? One that works?" Ben asked in excitement.