Chapter 15: Blueprint

TerraStorm gave me the number to one of his untraceable phones so we could discuss the deal we had made together. I also gave him the number to the HQ's incredibly secure 'home' phone in case something happened to mine. Although, during the week I took off from school, our conversations slowly transitioned from what kind of full-body protection we would wear during the heist to what our favourite type of ice cream was.

You have received a message from 'TerraStorm >:)':

Mint chocolate chip. Absolute favourite. I don't have it much though, gotta keep my amazing abs somewhat defined.

I grinned childishly as I read the text, not hesitating to send my reply. We had been chatting constantly for a good hour about complete and utter nonsense. Not that I thought anything of it.

You sent the message: You have the ego of an hot air balloon

I bit the side of my bottom lip as I sent the text, deciding to send another.

You sent the message: Ben and Jerry's has the best selection of ice cream in the world. You can't argue against that.

As it had been for the past 55 minutes, my phone lit up with a reply within in seconds.

You have received a message from 'TerraStorm >:)':

Ben and Jerry's? Never tried it.

My mouth gaped open as if he were able to look at me right through the screen. My reply was faster than any of the others.

You sent the message: What?! Have you been living under a rock your entire life?!

It was hard for me to believe someone hadn't tasted the drool-worthy pots of the heavenly Ben and Jerry's once in their life time. As much as I hated to admit, even I had to start laying off the tubs if I wanted to continue jumping and running at the same pace and agility.

You received a message from: TerraStorm>:):

Basically. My lair is sort of a rock, I guess. That reminds me, I'll need to give you the address for it. We'll meet there.

Before I could start typing anything, he sent another, final text.

Btw, before the heist, there are a few people I'd like you to meet.

I inwardly shivered at the idea of meeting new people, especially any acquaintance of a very successful, yet deadly, villain. I had completely forgotten all about the supposedly greatest league of villains in the whole world and gulped at the thought of meeting any of them.

Sliding my phone into the back pocket of my jeans, I started collecting the items of clothing that needed to go in the laundry.

My powers may have been incredibly useful for my nightly adventures to steal more groceries (or discreetly raid the till and then use the money for food), but to my dismay, they did not sufficiently reduce my laundry load or make it any faster either. Unless you count making the clothes do spirals in the air around the room before landing in the washing machine. That was the most fun that came out of it.