Chapter 7: TerraStorm

How I imagined TerraStorm to look ;) Let me know what you think! ----------^

<><><><><><>

My breath hitched in my throat at the sight of Ben in his new disguise. Parts of it were quite similar to mine, like the dark red color.

His body was covered in spandex which wrapped around his arms down to his wrists. Most of it was red with a bit of black detailing around the seams. To complete it, he wore a sleek, full-face black mask that seemed to adjust perfectly around every curve in his well-defined face structure.

He did his signature hero landing and smirked proudly as he looked up.

He was completely unrecognizable.

Perfect.

"How do I look?"

Like a Greek God.

Like a Model.

Like someone a girl only dares to see in her dreams.

"Pretty cool." I nodded my head, impressed.

"Pretty cool? I look badass!"

"Yes, yes. Now, get yourself on the track, we have work to do."

"Embrace this moment, Hawk."

I rolled my eyes.

"You going to the school tonight?" The atmosphere became very tense in that moment. He was serious but his voice held an under-lying tone of desperation.

"Of course. I want to go, I might finally get some answers after all these years."

"You've known for years that you had powers?"

I hesitated, quickly checking with myself that this piece of information didn't give anything away.

"Yeah, it's been a while." I nodded, my lips pressed tightly together.

"Wow."

I hopped off the table that I was sitting on and stashed my laptop and backpack in their usual hiding place; a hole in the ground that I covered with a huge slab of broken-off concrete wall.

"I need to meet up with that jerk that broke into your school in an hour." I sighed.

"Yeah, well, that 'jerk' is dangerous. Be careful."

My heart did a mini somersault while I tried to remain cool-headed.

"I'll be fine."

"Hawk."

Ben lightly grabbed my arm, staring me directly in the eyes and I couldn't help but stare back, confused.

"Seriously," He gave me a stern look. "Be careful."

The eye contact we kept was heavy and I felt myself become victim to an overwhelming wave of his charm. It took a solid ten seconds for me to look away.

"I will. Promise."

<><><><><><>