Chapter 3: The Crush, The Capes and The Big Revelation.

I woke up in my king-size heaven with Winchester nuzzling my knees. Rolling over, I eyed one of my not so technologically-advanced pieces of equipment; my clock.

09:14

I stretched and yawned, shuffling my feet away from Winchester and laying them on the refreshingly cold, metallic floor.

"Good morning, Ms.O'Connolly. Do you have any plans for the day?"

I smiled, rubbing my eyes.

"Remind me I have to be dressed and ready to leave by 7pm, thanks."

"Of course. Anything else?"

"That's all, thank you Pearl."

By now, I was standing up and Winchester was awake and sprawled out in the middle of the bed.

Once I got back to my house, I made my mother scrambled eggs and toast for breakfast. She wasn't awake yet but I placed the steaming hot meal on the table and was about to go back to my HQ when her hand gripped my wrist.

"Rose." She said in a raspy, weak voice.

"Hey." I smiled, looking sadly at the five or six bottles of empty bottles scattered around the place. I crouched down beside her. "You need to get out of the house today." I said, beginning to pull off the blanket.

"No, I want to stay in."

Her mouth split into an amused grin and she let out a chuckle, relaxing the grip on my arm. I picked up all the bottles, slotting each one between my finger before carrying them to the kitchen.

"Try doing some of that delicious cooking you used to do." I suggested, trying to find a distraction for her instead of using whatever energy she had to buy another six-pack of beer.

"I don't know if I'm up for that..." She started and I could sense the excuses brewing in her head already.

I stepped on the lever of the bin, chucking the bottles in with resentment and carelessness.

"What about cookies?" I suggested, the hope in my voice already worn and tired. "That was all we used to do and it was fun. Especially that one Christmas when-" 

But she was asleep again. Out like a light bulb.

I pulled up the blanket over her limp body and disappeared through the back door. 

<><><><><><>

The great thing about my powers was that I could be as secretive as possible. It was hard to prove that Telekinesis existed. There were always countless other excuses to blame the strange happenings on. 

When I started out, I watched a ton of X-Men films but the best advice I ever got was from The Incredibles; capes were a no-no.

After I had returned to the HQ, I fed Winchester, went for a morning jog and had a shower. As I stepped out, (feeling fresh as a daisy, I might add) Pearl's loud, electronic voice startled me.

"Jazmine is currently on the line, Ms. O'Connolly."

I ran to the desk, in nothing but my towel and picked up the phone.

"What's up?"

"Justin just called Miles saying that he had footage of the stuff that happened in his room last night. He said that if he didn't make the person come back, he would post it and get revenge on my brother as well."