Chapter 19: The Heist ~ Part 3

Once I stepped out of the elevator, I was met with the last place I expected to visit in the whole casino.

The Peyton Penthouse.

It was just like I had imagined it. The Peyton Penthouse was the most stunning, elegant, expensive home in the whole of the city. Scrap that, the whole of the country.

Millionaires, even billionaires, from all over the world were competing against each other to buy this exotic home. I heard Brad Pitt took part in the bidding as well.

However, the Peyton Penthouse landed in the hands of insanely wealthy businessman, and suspected Mafia King, Alejandro Louis. I heard he even bought the rest of the casino.

Not only had I just lifted an elevator in the sky with my mind, I had just broken into a celebrities home.

This was turning out to be a hell of a heist.

In front of me, exotic burgundy pillars lifted a large white spiral staircase. Not far behind that was a waterfall flowing into a beautifully painted ceramic fountain with three baby cupids balanced on top. The whole decor was over the top, but even I had to admit it was quite beautiful.

The whole house was charming in itself. It was like Xedos's powers had turned into a building.

"Uh, guys." I mumbled quietly into the ear piece. "I think I just broke into the Peyton Penthouse."

I wasn't exactly sure who I was talking to, but any response was a good response.

"TerraStorm, if I'm in the right place, say something. Please."

It was quiet as hell for a few seconds, with only my heart beat rippling the silence.

"Rr.. Red..."

I gasped as soon as the deep, familiar voice shattered the stillness in my left ear.

I was in the right place.

<><><><><><>

For a penthouse that cost more than the life savings of everyone in the country, it wasn't the most secure of all places.

If I had enough money to own somewhere like this, you would bet two heavy weight champions would be situated by the elevator 24/7 with nothing but their cold, hard determination fueling them.

Okay, so maybe I was being a bit dramatic.

But, I would at least have some cameras by the entrance. At least.

But nope, not here. Maybe the rumors of Alejandro being a Mafia King were true. Maybe his power and wealth was enough for anyone to fall weak at his knees.

I stepped further into the penthouse, trying to keep myself from being distracted by the awe-inspiring paintings and furnishings.

I roamed in and out of rooms with cat-like stealthiness until I overheard a voice coming from the second balcony.

Making a desperate attempt to remain quiet, I leaned against the wall and stepped further towards the voices, holding my breath.

"So, what are you then? Some kind of mutant?" A soft Spanish voice rippled through the quiet, clean atmosphere.

It had to be Alejandro. His men must have found TerraStorm and Xedos trying to break in and took them up for Alejandro to take care of.
But I was still completely baffled as to how his men weren't lying on the floor unconscious or screaming in agony right now. What did they have that could overpower us?