8. A never-ending love story

After the incident, we had to go with my alpha to answer some questions. We went to the pack house. I was glad, that my alpha did not take an order to bind us. I would not mind, but Reid would be angry. I knew that. He was not happy about the situation. Sorry. I told him sadly. For what? That was a stupid question. For getting you into this. His lips touched my forehead. We were seated at the main room, where we waited, when my alpha would arrive. Do not be ridiculous. I would do anything for you. That was not what I had meant. Before I could say something else, alpha Brian went inside the room. I wanted to get up and bow properly, but he waved me away.

-''Even in these circumstances, you should not do that. You will luna of alpha Reid's pack. You should act like a luna.''- My cheeks burned red. That is right. I will be a luna. I still could not believe that. How was it possible? –''But we are not here, to talk about that, are we Ruby?''- Alpha sadly smiled at me and looked at Reid with seriousness in his eyes. –''So, would you be so kind and explain your part of story?''- With that, we told him everything that had happened from our point of view. For alpha Brian it sounded funny that Reid was getting over protective of me.

-''Okay, your story matches with ours. I hope I can trust you, Ruby. And you too, Reid.''- My alpha said to me and my mate. –''I hope you can understand my distrust with you both. I have lost my beta. He betrayed me. I had some suspicion with him.''- From all the stories I had heard, I knew that one was true. They had been best friends for a long time.

-''I do not understand one thing. Why would he...?''- I had talked before he had let me, but alpha Brian only smiled at me sadly. –''Do not worry, you are not in my pack, technically. You had to go away, today, right?''- We both nodded. –''I am sorry about this. And answering to your question. We had some disagreements and I think he had found his mate. She is a rogue.''- That made me frown. Everyone knew that all rogues were ruthless killers and they wanted nothing more than make our life a misery.

I knew that I could not judge all rogues like that, but would think? I had been in pack for all my life. All my family had told horror stories about rogues, who killed without hesitation. Some even tried to take the life of a luna, to make an alphas last moments miseries. –''Those wolves, who were with Brian, were rogues.''- No wonder I did not recognize them and it was no wonder, that they wanted to do ''stuff'' with me, how they had put it. My mate growled beside me. I gently slapped his arm, he looked at me. –''I am sorry about how Reid is acting, alpha Brian. Those rogues said things about me... He did not like it.''- I was feeling uneasy and right now everything was so confusing.

-''I understand. I can assure you that they will not get away unpunished.''- Reid nodded with his head.

-''I wanted to know. How is Iris feeling?''- This question was bugging me for a time now. It was annoying that I could not see her right now. Before I could go to her, I needed to answer all alphas questions.

-''You both are so close. No wonder she wants to go with you. And answering your question. She feels better. Pack doctor said, that she was only unconscious. All the injuries are gone. Oh and she is awake.''- My lips spread in a happy smile. You heard that, Reid? Now my worry was gone. Yeah, I heard it. She is lucky to have you as a friend. Not all of it, because I needed to see her.

-''Can I...?''- I wanted to go to her, not sit here. Would he let me go? –''Go to her? Of course. For you it is all. I have some things to talk to your mate. You can leave now.''- I was glad, that I could go. I just did not like that Reid needed to stay here. He smiled at me and lightly pushed me away from him.

I smiled at him and went to the place, where the hospital was. Where I had been recently. I did not like the fact, that I had been there in one month so many times. It was disturbing and Reid would not like it. We are bonded together with one line. My wolf was telling the truth. We were as one. Right now at least I felt like we were meant to be.