12. The talk

I woke up, feeling tired and uneasy. My wolf was unhappy and for some reason I had woken up. Why? I had no idea. It was a weird feeling in my gut. Was I sick or something else?

I got up from the bed I was sleeping in. Went to the bathroom, where I washed my face with cold water and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked horrible, but that was not the only thing. I could see in my own eyes uneasiness. Why was I feeling this? Mate… My wolf whimpered. Was it because I was away from my mate? It could not be it, right?

Sighting I went out of the bathroom, went to the bed and laid in it. My eyes closed. I felt tired, but something was missing. I was turning and tossing around for an hour. Finally I had enough. Got up again and went to the door and went out of the room, closing it behind me.

I looked around. It was dark and nobody was around, but I could hear that in one of the room, wolves were no sleeping. They were having a quiet party. That made me smile a little bit.

I went to the stairs and slowly went down to the first floor. Something felt off. As if something dead was here. Vampire… Said my wolf. But how could they be here? I panicked for a second, quietly went to were the scent was the strongest. It was the room, where all the wolves stayed, when they wanted to relax. There was a dim light. I went to it. I scented my mates scent. I could hear voices.

I appeared in the door and looked in. In that moment my mate had been walking to the door too. Reid looked at me surprised. –‘’Ruby? Why are you up?’’- That was a question, but I had my own questions.

-‘’Why is he here?’’- I did not answer his question and asked my own. He frowned and sighted.

-‘’He is Christy’s mate. I can not forbid them to meet each other if both sides want to.’’- In a formal voice he said to me. I could see, that he did not like either that he was here, but he had no choice in the matter. –‘’Come on, I will walk you to the bed. Let them be for a while.’’- I only nodded. I did not like this, but if Christy wanted, then who was I to object? I had a long road until I would be god enough to be a luna.

We silently went to the room, I had been sleeping in. I felt so alone in it, but I was still angry with Reid. Or it had disappeared. I could not tell what I was feeling. –‘’Good night, Ruby.’’- He said to me and started to walk away. Do not let him leave! My wolf panicked. Could I be selfish? Yes, I could be selfish. My hand cough his hand and I stopped him. Before he could ask me any question to whom I could not give answer, my lips touched kiss. Denying all the last nights’ nightmares, fears and unanswered questions. For a second I feared he would decline us, but after a moment, he answered. Slowly, not sure if it was the right thing to do.

He pushed me against the wall and kissed me passionately, but then he was away from me, breathing heavily. He was not the only one. –‘’I do not think this is a good idea. You are still mad at me and I can not do this if I know what are your feelings to me right now.’’- He did not want to leave me here, but his heart told him what to do. It made me feel alone again. For a second I had felt safe and calm, but now all the feelings were back.

-‘’Then explain. Do not leave this like that.’’- I said to him in a quiet voice. Reid quickly looked at me.

-‘’You need some sleep. You look awful.’’- He declined my offer. His words made me laugh.

-‘’Sweety, you are no better and besides I can not go to sleep. Not without you. That is why I am awake right now.’’- Did he really think that I liked to wander around at nights? Of course I had felt the vampire was here, but that was not the reason I was truly awake. My wolf and me, we needed our mate. Soulmates were meant to be together at all times. Maybe humans would get sick of it, but for wolves it was like a drug. If we started to drown in our mates closeness to us, then we would not be happy until our mate was back with us again. Now I felt this like a drug. –‘’Please…’’- When he had not said a word, I pleaded to him. We need you. Did he feel the same or it was only with me? The loneliness…?