14. The ceremony and heat

Finally Reid said that we needed to get ready too. Some cool clothes as he had said it. Besides this time I would not watch from downstairs. I needed to see how it is close, because when I would become true luna, I would need to bless all and every wolf in Reid’s pack. That is why I needed to know everybody’s names.

Reid did not let me choose my own clothes. He led me to Julia’s room, where he told his sister to change me into something nice. Julia did what he asked. Gave me a white/black dress, that made me look little bit older, but still beautiful.

After that she led me to where Reid was. He was inside, while everybody else were waiting outside.

-‘’Hey!’’- I said to Reid and put my arms around his neck. –‘’You look nice and official.’’- Still for me it was weird, that I was here with Reid. That he is an alpha and I would be beside him soon.

-‘’Hey, you too…’’- Reid murmured, kissing my neck, breathing on my mark and making me shiver under his touch. His hands came around my waist. We stood there for a minute. –‘’Your scent is intoxicating.’’- He whispered, gently kissing every centimeter of my neck.

-‘’Careful. You…No, we need to go outside soon.’’- In a quiet voice I said to him. I was feeling small tingles all over my body. It was making me all dizzy and wanted. His answer was a quiet growl against my neck. It sent shivers through all my body.

-‘’Khm…Alpha?’’- That made us both jump in surprise. I tried to get away from Reid, but his hands did not let go of my waist. I was pinned to him. Finally I gave up.

-‘’Yes, Eric?’’- My mate asked in a stern voice. He and his wolf did not like that our moment had been intruder.

-‘’It is going to start soon. I thought you should know about that, before…’’- Eric looked at me for a second and then reverted his gaze to my mate. It would be impolite of him to look at me longer than that.

-‘’We are fine, Eric. You can go, now.’’- Eric nodded with his head and hurried away from the room. I furrowed my eyebrows at my mate.

-‘’You should not have done that.’’- I remarked at his action to the beta of Reid’s pack. He closed his eyes. For some reason he was not controlling himself anymore. –‘’Reid? Are you okay?’’- I asked him carefully. He opened his eyes. They were black as night.

-‘’Yeah, sorry. I do not know what came over me.’’- He looked confused, but in his voice I could hear something else. His hands were making little circles on my waist. My breathing got harder.

-‘’You should apologize. He was just doing his job.’’- I had no idea what was going on with Reid, but it was messing around not only with his emotions, but mine too. Suddenly his touch changed into a rougher one.

-‘’Are you on his side?’’- Now he was looking at me with angry eyes. Shit...What the hell was he doing?

-‘’It hurts, Reid.’’- I whined. He looked at his hands and then suddenly was away from on the other side of the room. He had sorry expression and confusion. It has started. My wolf whined. She wanted to go back to his mate. Make him happy in all the ways. Ewww...Stop that. I told her, then my face paled. –‘’Oh shit…’’- If I was right, then there was no wonder that Reid was acting all weird. My heat was starting to appear. Because Reid was my real mate and he was an alpha

-‘’Sorry, I have no idea what came over me. Are you okay?’’- Reid said in a sorrowful voice. He looked me over with his eyes. It was not his fault. I had no idea it would start so soon.

-‘’It is not your fault, but mine. Your wolf is just protecting what is his.’’- That made him look at me confused. What do you mean? –‘’Reid…I think I am going into the heat...’’- These words made him pale. He opened his mouth twice, before he said anything.