Chapter 10

Maite and her two large suitcases and a carry on bag sat on the curb of her apartment parking lot complex as she waited for Dinah to pick her up and take her to the airport. Since she didn't have a car, Dinah had become her own personal chauffeur. It was slightly cold outside as the sun hadn't risen yet and goosebumps appeared on her bronze skin. 

She had packed all the basic necessities; a tooth brush, tooth paste, a brush, her phone charger, etc. She had also packed things for leisure time. Her journal was the first thing she had packed, it was tucked away in her carry on so she could pull it out whenever. It was filled with random doodles and her thoughts. There definitely also were a few drawings of Lauren in it that Lauren would definitely never see. 

At last, bright lights turned onto her street. A dark blue Honda came into view and pulled up directly in front of her. In the back seat of the car passed out was Dinah's dad, Gordon. Maite grabbed her suitcases and brought them to the rear of the car.  It was early in the morning and both of the girls were barely functioning. 

Dinah exited the car, yawning, "morning."

Maite yawned herself, "morning."

They slowly loaded Maite's suitcases into the car. The suitcases  weren't very heavy but it took both to each one into the car because both girls were too lazy to actually put in enough effort to lift it by themselves. 

Once they had everything packed, they headed off to the airport. For the first time since Maite had known Dinah, they were the first ones to get there. Apparently, that was a new occurrence for Dinah since she had been confused upon arrival. 

"We are at the right place, right?" Dinah had asked once they were in front of the gate at the airport. Her dad immediately sat down in the waiting area and drifted off to sleep.

"Yup," Maite popped the 'p' and took a seat.

"Then where is everybody? Are we at the wrong gate?" Dinah questioned, she looked around. Her brown eyebrows furrowed when she saw no once else come into view.

Maite chuckled, "Nope. C thirty three, we're at the right one. Everyone else is probably on their way."

"So, we're really the first ones?" Dinah asked, as she plopped down besides Maite. 

Maite hummed in response and stifled a yawn.

"Wow, so this is what it feels like," Dinah was stunned. 

A few seconds passed, and Dinah muttered,  "being early sucks."

"It just sucks cause it's like four in the morning," Maite countered.

Dinah shrugged, put her legs up on the chair next to her, and laid her head on Maite's lap, "still sucks."

This time Maite didn't argue, instead she decided that she would rest her eyes until the other girls showed up and in a matter of minutes she was asleep.

Ally and Lauren were the next to show up with their moms in tow. Once they trudged all their luggage to the right gate, they noticed Dinah and Maite both passed out with Dinah's head on Maite's lap and Maite's mouth hanging open. 

Lauren and Ally took one look at each other then back at the sleeping girls before bursting out laughing.

"Wait, shh," Ally brought her pointer finger over her mouth, "we should take a picture."

"Great idea," Lauren pulled out her phone and quickly snapped a picture of the two and showed Ally.

"Aw, how cute," Ally smiled, wickedly, "We should post it online."