Chapter 32

The next morning Lauren was awoken earlier than she would have preferred. She couldn't fall asleep last night and when she did manage to sleep she would awake an hour later. Something just didn't feel right. 

Her stomach felt like it had a knot in it. She wasn't sick but she just had a feeling. The last time she could remember feeling like this was when she was in school and would fall asleep, forgetting about her homework, then waking up in the middle of the night remembering it.

Lauren couldn't figure out what was wrong. She hadn't forgotten anything in the last arena. She had called her parents last night just to check in like she always did. And her relationship with Maite was going amazingly.

So why was she feeling like this?

The Cuban shook her head and dug around her bunk bed for her headphones. She plugged it into her phone and then began to play music from her "chill" playlist. Frank Oceans voice filled her ears, calming her a little.

She flipped her body so her stomach was pressing against the bed and she shut her eyes hoping that once she had awoken, that the feeling would be gone.

Lauren finally managed to sleep for more than an hour and in that time period, Normani and Dinah had awoken. Well, actually, Dinah had awoken then forced Normani to get up so Mani could make her waffles. Normani wasn't pleased but gave in to cook after five minutes of nonstop pressure from Dinah.

Dinah plopped down onto the sofa in the kitchen portion of the bus and pulled out her phone, scrolling through her Instagram as Normani opened cupboards to get out the ingredients. 

As she was scrolling, a particular photo caught her eye. She couldn't make out exactly what it was since it was taken in the dark but once she figured it out, her mouth dropped.

"Holy shit, Mani," Dinah looked up, "you have to see this."

Normani came and took Dinah's phone from her hands, "What am I looking at?"

"Just focus on the middle of the photo," Dinah commanded.

Normani zoomed into the photo and her eyes went wide. She looked back and forth between the phone and Dinah.

"That's not good," the other girl finally stated.

"Not good at all. She's going to freak out," Dinah said.

"Should we wake her up?" The shorter girl asked.

Dinah shook her head, her hair bouncing as she did so, "No. She will probably be stressed the rest of the day, let her sleep for a little more."

Normani agreed and went back to making the waffles for the Polynesian girl.

Maite awoke next. With her eyes still closed, her hand searched the bed for her phone. She found it and pulled herself out of the bunk. Looking across she noticed that Lauren's curtains were closed. She pulled the curtain slightly to peek in and saw her girlfriend fast asleep cuddling onto a stuffed animal.

She felt her heart beat speed up. Lauren was such a cutie, she couldn't believe that she was hers.

Her stomach growled, bringing her from her thoughts.

Rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, Maite went into the kitchen. 

"Morning," Maite crooked, her voice dry. 

She opened the fridge and pulled out the milk hearing the other two mumble greetings back.

She poured herself a glass of milk and felt eyes on her.

"What?" Maite said, feeling uncomfortable with the stares.

"Have you been on any social media apps lately?" Dinah asked, putting down her fork.